[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adsense on Forums - placement • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adsense on Forums - placement

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Adsense on Forums - placement

Postby cheaputils » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:08 am

I've been messing about with Adsense on my Forum for quite a while and looking for the best position. I've now started to display the ads 'in-thread', after the signature. This puts the ads on the first 3 messages (max) in a thread and I have blended the colours to look like part of the board.

Take a look on The North East Forum and see what you think.

Dave
cheaputils

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:38 pm

You will have to test each placement, and each ad format, to see which performs best on your forum.

I did take a look and it looks fine - except that the middle ad doesnt blend in well on the 2nd post (which has a white background).
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cheaputils » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi Lynn, thanks for taking a look. I have tried other positions before, and have a note of how they have performed, but this is the only position I haven't tried them in yet.

The middle ad is always going to be a problem when the theme uses alternating background colours in threads, i don't know a way of interactively changing the background for that post, and it may contravene Adsense TOS anyway. The only way would be not to alternate post background colours in a thread, and I don't really like that idea.

However, if anyone has any ideas, please feel free to pass it on, for both my benefit and for others.

Dave
cheaputils

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 am

I would try running the "banner after first ad" post next in your run of tests to see which performs better. I have it set up here at this forum, which you can see above (currently displaying a 728 static banner).

While you arent getting three ads per page, you may find that it actually converts better for you... or not. Only testing can tell.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby cheaputils » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:46 am

cheaputils

Postby cheaputils » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:53 am

Just a liitle update on this. The forum now typically pulls in $30-40, so it's worth it. Before the ads were 'in thread' it was generating c. $20 for a similar amount of traffic.
cheaputils

Postby cheaputils » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:32 am

cheaputils

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options