[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Click fraud on Google Adsense • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Click fraud on Google Adsense

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Click fraud on Google Adsense

Postby cheaputils » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:00 am

This week whilst monitoring my channels in Google Adsense, I noticed that one on day, one of the sites had a sudden increase in traffic of 1000% and a similar increase in clicks. I immediately emailed Google as I was suspicious about the clicks.

They replied today, saying they'd monitor the situation.

"Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting us know about this situation. I understand that you're
concerned about the recent activity you've noticed on your site.

Unfortunately, due to the proprietary nature of our technology, we're not
able to disclose any specific details about the clicks on the Google ads
on your site. I can assure you, however, that we've noted your input and
we'll continue to monitor your situation closely.

I also wanted to let you know that in the future, we may adjust your
payment for any days during which invalid clicks occurred. This helps us
protect the integrity of the AdSense program and properly credit
advertisers for any invalid activity.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and look forward to your
continued participation in the program.

Sincerely,

Becky
The Google AdSense Team"

So it's worth telling Google, they appreciate it and it keeps you from having your account zapped.

Regards

Dave
cheaputils

Postby Marc Meole » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:43 am

Your're right. It really is woths staying on top of these things.

It's sad, but there are people out there that will run up clicks on their compitions ads to get them banned.
Marc Meole

Postby angelaaa » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:51 pm

angelaaa

Postby faith » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:28 pm

faith

Postby angelaaa » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:29 pm

angelaaa

Postby faith » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Oh! They did investigate, the " invalid clicks happened and don't ever email us again" was the result of the investigation. They decided that there was indeed click fraud, but would give me no other information what so ever. Nada! Not what happened, not why, nothing..."proprietary information."

I asked for a review, before I did any research into what has happened to other adsense user that were kicked out. I had no proof (logs) to back up my innocence because I didn't know better and didn't provide any. If I had they would have re-instated my account. But because I "knew" I didn't do anything wrong, I assumed that they would have a human review things and re-instate my account. I was shocked. I was even more shocked at the rude statement not to email them again. They basically said any future emails from me would be ignored. They banned all my domains from ever using adsense again. If I sold them, I have no idea if it would affect the new owners.

My after research told me that I should have attached any logs I had and apologized for what happened with an explanation. At the time, I had none, because I didn’t know people(competition) could be that mean. I just told them there had to be a mistake and I had no idea what could have happened, please review. I sealed my own coffin so to speak.
faith

Postby angelaaa » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:38 am

Have you thought about actually picking up the telephone and talking to somebody at google about this?
angelaaa

Postby faith » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:13 pm

faith

Postby angelaaa » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:32 am

faith ~

I think you owe it to yourself to maybe give them a call.

You could have been dealing withsomebody who was new to the team that wasn't doing their job correctly.

Don't give up.

Angela
angelaaa

Postby john925 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:51 pm

john925

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options