[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Death of Adsense - Is Scott right on? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Death of Adsense - Is Scott right on?

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The Death of Adsense - Is Scott right on?

Postby RKramkowski » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:45 am

Hi,

I'm quite new to all the inernet marketing techniques, approaches, etc. but have been learning all that I can in order to minimize the number of wrong paths I go down.

I just finished reading The Death of Adsense and based on what I've read in the past, what he writes sounds totally plausible and makes perfect sense. So, my question in getting started and, more importantly, getting started right, is Adsense one of the places to go? For those of you that have done Adsense for quite a while, have you experienced the significant drop in revenue for the same number of clicks and purchases as he describes? If so, it seems like a lot of work for a small return - that's not working smart in my book.

So for all of you Adsense gurus out there (and the rest of you that have had Adsense income in the past) - weigh in... have you experienced what he describes?

Bob
RKramkowski

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:34 am

Hi Bob,

There's an interesting thread on the topic (of the report) here:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... hp?t=12463

And my recent blog post about the report, which you can find here:
http://www.clicknewz.com/178/death-of-adsense/

There is still plenty of money to be made with Adsense, and contextual advertising in general, if done right. Which means unique quality content and proper optimization.

What this report outlines, and I assume is leading up to, is alternative methods of earning money with content-based websites. I am looking forward to seeing what he has to say (or even pitch) in part two of the report.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angelaaa » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:24 am

I haven't read the free reports yet but I can tell you that my adsense reveunue has declined quite substantially over the last year or so. This month I haven't even reached the $200.00 mark and it's over halfway through. It used to be that when I checked to see how much was earned for the last seven days or so I would average well over $200.00 - that's not the case today.

But, I can tell you that even though the revenue has declined I think it's still worth it. $400.00 p/month is better than zero dollars per month. And if you are involved in other projects where you are able to earn a few dollars over time... well... that's time well spent.

Now you got me all pumped to share my earnings with my readers. I meant to do that earlier this month and for some reason forgot. So, I'm off to blog about it and will catch this thread later I'm sure.

Lynn ~ I love your forum.

Thanks you guys,

Angela :D
angelaaa

Postby angelaaa » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:26 am

angelaaa

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby angelaaa » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:07 am

angelaaa

Postby Marc Meole » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:43 am

A
Some other tips:

1. Good quality content- you want to have repeat visitors. Give the a reason to come back.
A commom mistake is to just load up you pages with key words...don't fall into that trap. Give the visitor some value

2.Dont make you ads "stand out". Be sure to blend them into the site. Makew them look as though they are just part of the site.
A neat trick is to line up the ads under pictures.
Example: you have 3 ads displaying you line up 3 pictures next to the ads. You will see an increase just with that tip alone.

Like Lynn that was just quickly off the top of my head...there is much more. I'll post some more tips in a bit.
Marc Meole

Postby angelaaa » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:02 am

angelaaa

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:15 am

If you are interested in the Images with Adsense technique, I have more on that posted as a Quick Tip on the Midnight Marketing Snack site:

:arrow:

Good info ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options