[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Wordpress vs. Blogspot - concerning AdSense • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Wordpress vs. Blogspot - concerning AdSense

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Wordpress vs. Blogspot - concerning AdSense

Postby wahmcafe » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 pm

(Not sure where to post this, so move it if you think it doesn't belong here. Thanks :) )

OK, I am not sure what is going on.
Originally, I started my blog on blogspot. In 14 days I had over 33 clicks. Then, I decided to switch to my own domain and get WordPress. That was beginning of July. Although 99% of visits (15 or so a day mind you :roll: ), come from Google, there are almost no clicks. Something like 4 for July :shock:

So, what do I do? Do I go back to blogspot and repost everything :shock: or do I stick with WordPress (I like it better)? I must have done something that caused this change, but I have no idea what. I made some changes to AdSense after reading Joel Comm's newsletter but that's it. And again, nada. :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)
wahmcafe

Postby magicmic » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:11 pm

magicmic

Postby wahmcafe » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:56 pm

No, I simply deleted the blogspot :roll:
Yes, they are hypothetical, not exact 8)
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:59 pm

If most of your traffic was coming from Google while on Blogspot, then a new domain would not be getting those same listings and click through's from the search results.

I would suggest that you focus on getting quality inbound links to your new blog and try to build up your traffic again. And in the future, keep existing sites/blogs... and just add links to your new domains if you are making that change ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmcafe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:10 am

Actually, no. Most of my traffic there was coming from Technorati. My new domain gets visits from search engines only. I am trying to think back and remember what kind of ads I had there lol maybe that was the trick :wink:
Thanks again :)
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:44 am

Have you changed your profile on Technorati to reflect your new domain, and began using tags in your Wordpress posts?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmcafe » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:23 pm

wahmcafe

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options