[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Adsense Dilema • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Adsense Dilema

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Adsense Dilema

Postby yourdaynow » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:01 pm

Now I'm close to a $100 a month on adsense revenue. I'm sooo happy.

I bought some adsense ebooks and try to use there techniques in my blogs and I'm getting some great result.

But my question is Why some days I earn .50 cents for a click and others $2.00 on some of my blogs.

I've noticed on my business blogs I'm getting alot of traffic and geting a good amount of money from them but some of my other blogs I'm getting a few.

Maybe this is a silly question. I would like for you guys to check my blogs and check what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Mary

:arrow: I'm going to give you the ones I'm having problem with:

www.dont-get-scammed-again.blogspot.com
http://proimage-supplements.blogspot.com
http://wahm-home-based-business.blogspot.com
yourdaynow

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:15 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby yourdaynow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:10 am

yourdaynow

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:50 pm

Yes, CTR = Click Through Rate and this is the number of clicks you get per Impression.

I have some really good tips & resources on this page:

:arrow:

... so that's a good place to start to learn ways to increase your CTR. Check it out, and take a look at some of the links there, and let me know if that helps.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby yourdaynow » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:15 pm

Thanks lynn i'll check it out.
yourdaynow

Postby Hock Ng » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:33 pm

Mary,

How much you get paid per click is going to vary depending on the quality score and maximum bid of the advertiser. Google automatically determines what ads get shown on your page depending on their quality score which is a combination of their CTR history on other content sites. So the #1 ad may not necessarily be the highest paying one. Let's say there are 2 advertisers competing for the top spot... one has a max bid of $2.00 and the other has a max bid of $1.50. If the latter has a higher CTR than the former, it will show up in a higher position even though the bid is lower.

I suggest moving those blogs to your own hosted domains. Being on blogspot, you're at the mercy of Google. What if they decide one day to shut down all "make money at home opportunity" types of blogs? Besides, as Lynn pointed out, you have better stats reporting when you're hosting the blog on your own domain.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby yourdaynow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:17 am

yourdaynow

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:03 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Paul_Buckley » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:06 am

Google is always going to place the highest paying ads in the first ad block it finds in your source code, the lowest paying clicks will go in the last one.

We have no way of knowing which ad will attract a visitors click, so much depends on what the visitor is looking for. all we can do is take appropriate steps to attract the visitors eyes to the ads.

The higher on the page and farther to the left, preferably 'above the fold', ads will have the highest CTR. Surprisingly the 250X250 ad block, located in the top left corner of your content area, is the best performer not the ubiquitous sidebar skyscraper.

I don't think your 'don't-get-scammed' blog will ever be a sterling performer simply because of the subject matter. your visitors are looking for information and not in the mood to risk being scammed by the ads that will inevitably appear related to your keywords. Were it my blog, I'd consider removing all ads, provide good relevant content and link this site to my other sites for traffic flow-through.

A little tweaking will probably improve results from the other two blogs. reduce the size of the header to bring the main ad block above the fold. This coulkd be done by simply reducing the font size on text below the first line.

You might also consider changing the ad block directly below the header to text links.
Paul_Buckley

Postby cheaputils » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:16 am

Something else about keywords, depending on your subject matter, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed advertisers who have bid for a keyword may have bid much less for that keyword. The price paid for clicks falls off really rapidly in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th places, so maybe you're seeing some of these? There's day to day variation too, and the other adjustments that Google makes through it's secret algorythms. You aren't necessarily doing anything wrong, it's just the whim of Adsense !
cheaputils

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options