[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - how to make more money with Adsense • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

how to make more money with Adsense

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

how to make more money with Adsense

Postby Kimmy » Tue May 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Kimmy

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 30, 2006 7:43 pm

The placement, colors, ad formats, etc will vary from site to site. For this reason its important to keep an Adsense Journal and continually test different variations on your own pages to determine the best combination.

That said, there are some things that run common on most sites. As far as 'best placement' for Adsense, this heat map is a huge help:

Link Units are often disregarded, but recent discussions have proven them to be surprisingly profitable. You would expect a lower CTR (click through rate) because of the fact that your visitors have to click twice in order for you to earn commission... but I've actually found (and others have reported the same) that the Link Units outperform other formats in most cases.

There are so many little things that you can do to "optimize your Adsense". Putting the ads in the content area, for example. Blending the ads with your page's color scheme. Putting the ads in headers and sidebars so that they appear to be site navigation, etc.

Anyone else care to throw in a few tips? :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Just a thought

Postby ksruckman » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:49 am

I got a few "HOT" spots.

Blogger blogs-

The section labeled "Links" is good for 4 links @ 200X90

Seems a large rectangle really works well on the left side of your content, having your content wrap around it. I get a pretty good click-thru on that.

But the best one for me is Horizontal 468X15 right after an article.

This is my "bread-and-butter".

With Adsense though, it's just hit-and-miss until YOU figure out what works for you. All I can say is try everything. Figure out what works best and roll with it for awhile, writing down all your info.

I keep a journal for ALL my blogs on Adsense info. Friday afternoons before I go to work on the weekend, I sit down for 2-3 hrs and go over it. Then over the weekend I just go over the analysis in my head and take my Excel printout to my work-breaks.

With my good CTR on the 468X15 it doesn't really go with the Heat-Map. If you notice the footer is good, but not really directly below the content.

Oh, yeah just forgot. Since I take
ALL the Nav-Bars off my blogger blogs,
I get quite a few clicks from people having to exit somewhere and those clicks usually originate from the top of the blog either from the "Links" section or a big-@ss block of Ads in their face :twisted: :twisted:

Probably shouldn't think like that, but jeez do you realize how many people navigate those blogger blogs through the "next" button. I can tell you just my taking that hideous nav-bar off the top, that it's well worth 2 minutes of your time, in terms of Adsense Revenue. :evil:
ksruckman

Re: how to make more money with Adsense

Postby john925 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:37 am

john925

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options