[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Where to position Adsense to make the most money! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Where to position Adsense to make the most money!

Q&A for using Adsense, YPN or other contextual advertising options on your web pages. Discussing layout, format, optimization tips, sharing results and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Where to position Adsense to make the most money!

Postby john925 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:53 pm

Hi All,

I have been using Adsense on my site for nearly two months now. I have their ads banner on the right-side of my site which fits in well with the other content on my site.

But I was wondering where people are making most of their money from Adsense.

Are you making more money by putting a large hoizontal banner that shows four listings at the top of your page or are you gaining more revenue from having the vertical banner that shows four listings at the side of your site?

Answering this question will be helpful to me and most probably will help others in positioning the Adsense banner on their site for better revenue (conversion rate).

Thanks! :P
john925

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:26 pm

Hey John,

Jim & Audri Langford recommend the vertical ad format - see tip 9 here:
http://www.about-adsense.com/maximize-revenue.html

This is the format that I use, on most pages, as well. Its hard to know whether or not the few pages I use the Leader Bar format across the bottom bring in more clicks than the vertical ad format... as AdSense doesnt offer stats that tell which page(s) the clicks came from.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby altyfc » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:48 pm

Rather than look at the positioning so much, I would recommend looking very seriously at the integration. How well the ads blend in. I would recommend not having a border on your ads, and having a background colour to the ad that's the same as the background to the page. For examples, see any of our forums. I think the ads work best when they are unobtrusive, blend in and don't look as though they're ads.

Aaron
altyfc

Postby teapotdee » Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:37 am

teapotdee

Postby onlineleben » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:30 am

When discussing adsense details, refrain from telling CTR, income etc as they are against adsense TOS.

Besides the site operated by the Langfords, you also find here.
onlineleben

Postby john925 » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:09 pm

Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions about Adsense. I will take them all on board, and look more into the way that i've positioned and blended in the Adsense Ads on my site.

Thanks again!
john925

Postby Ross » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:06 pm

Ross

Return to Adsense, YPN & Other Contextual Ad Options