[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Sponsorship questions for content-based web sites • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Sponsorship questions for content-based web sites

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Postby Xeon » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:15 am

Xeon

Just an idea

Postby estel » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:35 pm

estel

Postby Xeon » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:53 am

Xeon

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:49 am

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I believe you need to work on market research and a business plan. Though I would venture to say that $580 is not even going to interest the larger 'corporate sponsors' that you mentioned.

For less than $19 you can set up the hosting & domain ($8.95/domain and $8.95/hosting - first month). You can always switch hosts later. I assume you are designing the site yourself (?). My advice - to echo another member - would be to get started. And again, to find alternate ways to earn the money that you need to pay the artist.

It seems to me that you are methodically disputing every option or idea that you are given... From where I stand, its really not as "out of reach" as you make it sound ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Xeon » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:41 am

Ah well! I'll take your advice and work it out! :):):)

Thanks, Lynn! :)
Xeon.
Xeon

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:49 am

;)

$19 - thats what it cost me to start this site. And not a penny more was spent other than just recently the $8.95/mo hosting fee (as I was previously hosting as a virtual IP on my other account). While I am still adding to the site, and learning & growing every day... you have to admit its not a bad start!

I am still working on my logo & some other visual options. Perhaps you could do the same - get rolling and then later add the artwork as you can ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Xeon » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:46 am

Phew! Nice inspiration, Lynn! :):)

I was thinking if you happen to know of any good web host?

I don't need too much web space or bandwidth for now : about 40 - 90 MB of web space and at least 10 - 20 GB of transfer per month would be nice.
Globat, for now, is total overkill, and so is iPowerWeb.

The web host has to be reliable and supports scripts and some multimedia elements, such as Perl, CGI and PHP.

Thansk folks! :)
Xeon!
Xeon

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:12 am

I use and they have all those features & more ;)

Check it out - great support, service & features... and only $8.95 (no set-up fee, can pay monthly). Let me know what you think.

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Xeon » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:30 pm

Xeon

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:33 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Xeon » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:30 am

Xeon

Previous

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity