[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Replicated Website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Replicated Website

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Replicating Website

Postby Wally » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was reading the thread about replicated website that are sold though out
the internet especilly click bank products....People such as myself have gotton caought up in having a website on the internet. The people who sell these sites fail to tell the would be internet marketer what is needed to
market these duplicated site they promise you the world but neglgect to
tell the truth about what is needed to market it successfully. They do not
tell you about auto-responders, how to generate leads using email campaigns and the worst is no support...You read the hype if you just buy this you will make
a million dollars over night....Scam Scam Scam.....

Now here is my question how does one market a site that has the same content....I don't think a domain name is going to do it....You can reply to this....I read Lynns answer about blogs and a press release....

How is this going to help when you still have the same replicated site...
I don't think it is going to help when most of these self replicated site will not allow you to change the content add Java Scripts and the likes i know i speak from experience.....How many ebooks can one read that addess the truth about replicated websites....I was promise the world from some of these website owners who sell mall sites...They answer certain emails
and give vague answers...When they do send you an email they say that
the spam filters stopped them from getting your email, but yet they make it when they are trying to sell you something else....I hate to vent like this
but it is the truth....I questioned one mall owner and he got offended that
i was not a happy camper....When it was time to renew it was peaches and cream...I could go on and on...Lynn pleae excuse this but i have got to tell it like it is....When you take a persons money be up front and give them the support they need...

Walter
Wally

Re: Replicating Website

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:43 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Steve MacLellan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi Walter,

Lynn knows her stuff. You would do well to follow her advice.

Thought I would add a comment/opinion...

If you are one of many owners of a replicated site, you can follow Lynn's advice to get listed better in the search engines than your competitors.

Something you can really use to your advantage right now is the war between the Msn search, Yahoo, and Google. They are all in a feeding frenzy and each one is pushing to be the dominant Internet search engine. One of their key focus points in trying to beat each other out for having the freshest content.

A few months ago a search on Google on "Steve MacLellan" would bring up the link on my website on the "About Steve" page. The other two would have a link to my website in the third or fourth place on the first page of results.

Today the same search on Google doesn't bring up the about Steve page, it provides a link to a post on my message forum.

The same search on Yahoo and the first link is to my message forum; the second link to my blog.

The same search on Msn, the first link is to my blog, the second to the homepage of my site.

But you see for any given search term, the BIG 3 are head-to-head to see who can deliver the most current, up-to-date information.

Since the other replicated sites are not being updated, there is a good chance that you can use this to your advantage. But as Lynn suggested, build your own site. I would suggest adding a blog and a forum so you can take advantage of the war of the search engines.

Best Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Steve MacLellan

Replicated Websites

Postby Wally » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:12 pm

Hello Lynn,

I added a post in an earlie thread that shold not have been there sorry.

I did not know you could add content to a replicated website. Let me ask you guys this because i must have the wrong concept replicated websites.

How does one add content to a replicated website...I am missing something...Could you guys explain it to me step by step...Please start from scratch.

Thank You,

Walter
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:30 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Replicated Websites

Postby Wally » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:37 pm

Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:40 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thank You

Postby Wally » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:29 pm

Hello Lynn,

Okay its time to start the learning journey. i have been looking at past threads here...I am going to get started with what i have. Thank you
for your time.

Walter
Wally

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:57 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity