[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Actually... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Actually...

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Actually...

Postby WAHumor » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:36 am

I am but one of the great underpromoted.

I've been very bad about getting the word out - hence, the small readership! I'm registered with Cumuli and the like...not much from them, really.

I'm looking at EzineAnnouncer (which I see you promote...good, good...)
and NewsletterPromote (What?!? You promote that too???)

Any suggestions?
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:51 am

I purchased and use . I currently have the trial of Ezine Announcer downloaded... but lets face it: NP was cheaper at only $10 :D

What about some of the other marketing methods, outside of just promoting it through ezine directories and announcement lists? I noticed you are active on several forums & message boards, which helps tremendously (I get about 20% of my visitors from online groups I participate in!)... how about a small one page website that you could use to compel people to sign up?? This could be done fairly quick and inexpensive. Domain name $8.95 from GoDaddy.com - you could use the 1.50 hosting that Angela (Diva Lady - will have to get you her link, or find her at WAHM) offers... And then go from there. What do you think?

Do you write articles? That might be a good plug for you... What other methods are you using to promote your newsletter, or what are you considering right now?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Get out! (the word, that is)

Postby WAHumor » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:11 pm

I do write articles. Or at least I call them that. I've got a few out at Family-content.com, WAHM.com has one (unfortunately hidden in Fun with WAHMs), Published.com and a couple others I can't recall offhand. Do you know of some good places to send them?

The one page website...is that the sort of thing available on Yahoo??

Would you say EzineAnnouncer isn't worth the bother? I'd rather go with tools that reliable people can vouch for. But I guess your opinion will have to do :D

I like forums especially. It gets you known as a person who has a newsletter rather than a subscription address. Know of any good ones?

I plan to have forums on WAHumor.com. Don't know if Site Build It! does that, but I'll find a way. I like the way yours works. Is it relatively easy?
I'm concerned about technical difficulties. If something's at all technical, I have real difficulty.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:51 pm

Actually, is a really neat program... I have the demo and am still considering purchase. Thought I'd give Newsletter Promote a test-drive too. I promote quite a few newsletters (other than my own) so I have room to check a few different programs out at once.

This type of message board is fairly easy to install... and its free! You can check it out at: http://www.phpbb.com . Let me know if you decide to install and set it up and need any help :wink:

And THANK YOU JOE for all of the great resources you posted!!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Tam » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:11 am

Hi Dan,

Love your newsletter. Neil Day is now running Article Xchange and accepting submissions, you can post your articles on it at: http://www.bizinfocenter.com/articlelib/

In case you aren't familiar with it, Article Xchange is a program from John Stone at http://www.stoco.net that makes exchanging/building an article database a breeze.

Here's a list of few other forums to consider:

http://www.bryanhall.net/members/forum/

and then this site list some good ones: http://www.supertips.com/forums/list.htm

Hope this helps,

Tam
Tam

Postby Sharon & Roy » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:55 am

Sharon & Roy

Eeny meeney...

Postby WAHumor » Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:19 am

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:36 am

Sharon & Roy - WELCOME to SSWT :D

Thank you so much for sharing those great posts with us!

Okay... I'll bite - I would love some SEO advice! Would you mind to do it here on the forum, so that visitors & subscribers can benefit from it as well?

Looking at this site: http://www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com , I'd love to get your professional opinion of what I can do to increase my SEO! This site is just barely a week old, so I am still working on my ranking & link popularity, etc...

Could I talk you into giving me this advice in the a few posts down?? :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your new website - please do come and announce it here, or email me at Lynn@WebServiceNetwork.com when you go live!
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:44 am

p.s. I love the Blake & How-to Corp forums! Speaking of which LOL did you notice that my post on the How-to forum made the "top five email" that Michael sends out on Thursdays???

I love that concept, by the way - Michael, owner of the How-to forum, sends out an email to all of his post'ers each Thursday with the "top five topics of the week" - I love getting that one, and read it top to bottom! (Hmm... perhaps I should consider doing something similar!)

I got a good laugh at how he wrote up the description of my post hahaha...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Sharon & Roy » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:33 am

Sharon & Roy
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:12 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

iWoman...for women only?

Postby WAHumor » Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:44 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member