[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Some Advice • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Some Advice

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Some Advice

Postby Christy » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:26 pm

Hi
I have started looking for a business to run online, But there is a vast amount of imformation out there in ebooks, forums, plus all that want promise to make me rich fast,

I know nothing about search engines, website, trafic, selling, prob the only novice left in the planet, most or all of you seem to experts at it,

I have tried to read some ebooks on getting started in this business, maybe im lazy i get confused after awhile and put it down, is there any books out there that just give a step by step way of doing it, Like this is what u do first , this is what u do second and so on, A Simple book
or advice
Pleace
Christy
Christy

Postby americanwahm » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:44 pm

americanwahm
Elite Member

newbie site

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:41 am

ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:14 am

Hi Christy,

What made you consider an online business originally?

Also, have you considered any specific business ideas, or seen online business models that interested you?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:29 pm

The problem you're running into, Christy, is that there IS no step-by-step method for online business.

There's just so darn many ways to go now!

First things first...get to know yourself, what you want, need and like most.

Are you comfy working pretty much on your own or would you prefer lots of training and support?

I hear things are getting better all the time in Ireland these days. Would you like to do business directly with the people around you or would you rather establish a more global presence?

You gotta know what's really you.

PM me and I'll send something that may help...on me. Can't beat that with a stick now, can you?? :wink:
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby TarheelHosting » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:05 pm

Christy,

I know you said online, but I heard that there is virtually NO direct mail in Ireland (I'm originally from London - not too far from you!).

Maybe that is market to really tap into.....

Simon
TarheelHosting

Postby Christy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:06 am

Christy

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:05 am

Affiliate Marketing is a really good option. You might check out Ken Evoy's Affiliate Masters Course - which you can download free at: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/a ... uccess.htm
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kevin Robb » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:35 pm

Hi Christy,

Getting started online can be a very daunting task...there is so much to learn, understand and digest that the mind can't take it all in, the end result more confusion :?

So here's my suggestion, Grab pen and paper, take yourself off somewhere quiet and write down a few thoughts :)

Basically you need to gather together some detail to help map out your future direction.

Consider some of the following...
Time available ?
Equipment you have, ie;Computer, Fax, Phone etc ?
Your experience, ie; You indicate you work for a Loan Company, I assume in your day to day work you are asked many questions about Loans ?
What other interests do you have ?
Look at your local market, Is there something you find difficult to buy or obtain in your area ?
Funds available to commit to any new idea ?
Are you Computer literate, Will you need outside assistance to prepare a Website ?
Your aspirations and expectations ?
This is not an exhaustive list but I figure you get the picture :)

If you do a little brainstorming as suggested you will find that some areas may present opportunities, some may not, The main thing being is that you have a better chance of identifying your future direction if you take time to consider the options.

Get you family involved as well once you have drawn up your initial list, you will be amazed as to how your direction will then become more defined.

And of course feel free to drop by the forum anytime and ask further questions 8)

Good Luck.

Cheers :wink:

Kevin Robb
Kevin Robb

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:01 am

Very good advice, Kevin!

Do you mind if I reprint your post in the Getting Started section of the SSWT site? (giving you full credit, of course ;) )
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Hmmm...

That sounds a lot like a book I've seen.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Kevin Robb » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:01 pm

Kevin Robb

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity