[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - domain name question • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

domain name question

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

domain name question

Postby The Great Gordino » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:07 am

Hi all,
I have a question,
I was after a domain name which has gone.
Lets say it was speed-boat.com
should I now go for:
a: 1-speed-boat.com
b: speed-boat.biz
C: boat-speed.com

Thanks,
Gordon :wink:
The Great Gordino

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:24 am

Hi Gordon!

It depends on *why* you want to register speed-boat.com as to how I would answer that...

For example, if you are planning to launch a site that sells speed boats, I would recommend trying:
fastspeedboats.com
speedboatsale.com
buyspeedboats.com

If you are planning to launch a personal site to boast about your own little personal speed boat, I would recommend trying:
lovemyspeedboat.com

Lets say you were going to launch a site around the idea of how to buy a speed boat, best places to take your speed boat, speed boat races & events - general speed boat stuff:
speedboatfun.com
speedboatinfo.com

Then there's always:
superfastspeedboats.com
speedboatfans.com
bestspeedboatsonline.com
buysellspeedboats.com

Endless ideas... Consider your primary focus for the site, potential keywords your targeted audience might use, and just go from there :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

yes, I was being too coy....

Postby The Great Gordino » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:57 am

Hi Lynn,
Hhhm, I realise I was not being too helpful , by being so coy, but I still took the advice on board.
In the end I went for 1st-for-speed-boats.com
I will go with that, and if it doesnt work, I can always change!!!
Thanks,
Gordon :wink:
The Great Gordino

Postby altyfc » Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:53 pm

altyfc

Postby The Great Gordino » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:59 am

Hi Aaron,
I am also an alphabet fan, especially for articles, where often they are all listed alphabetically, a number or the letter 'A' at the beginning of yout title always helps to push it further up!

I also found this forced me to actually come up with better titles!
Gordon
The Great Gordino

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity