[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is Instant Buzz being maligned? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is Instant Buzz being maligned?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

100%
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 4

Is Instant Buzz being maligned?

Postby Warren Contreras » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:07 pm

Warren Contreras

Not Convinced

Postby Vectazine » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:01 am

Hi

I have tried Instant Buzz and I am afraid, not impressed.

It offers users the chance to view other members site by adding a toolbar to your browser. This great when you first start as you will go looking at others sites.
However after a while, you see that same old links appearing and the novelty wears off.

It is also important to remeber that the only people seeing the links are other Instant Buzz members. People like you and I, promoting their websites.
So you are really trying to sell to other sellers.

I agree that Instant Buzz is ofering a good service but I feel it is not hitting the real marketplace and reaching real, potential customers.
But at the end of the day, any publicity is good.
Vectazine

My opinion

Postby random » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:56 pm

I use IB and recommend it. I also participate in their forum.
But you made a good point about the tool bar and the novelty of the sites displayed. Yes, you are essentially marketing to other "marketers" and "sellers" - so 2-tier programs are best for that crowd if you can get them to sign up under you without going around you. If you are a program owner, that's a good place to hang out.

IB also seems to have a mix of "newbies" and a few "veterans" in their forum. I have enjoyed good, useful traffic from them.
IB's "by invitation only" concept is strong because I'm sure Mark and his team knew that people would simply try to bypass the little popup window and go straight to the source to sign up. Why people do this beats me! When I sign up under someone else, I use that to get them to sign up under me for yet something else. It can turn out to be a win-win.

Now you do not have to sign up for this, but for illustration's sake, I developed a special invitation at http://themoneyreport.net/ib.html - Notice that it's different than just the little IB window that everyone else is using. You will see a variation of this too at http://themoneyreport.net/ -- (I.E. Only.)

Notice that if they don't sign up for IB with my invitation, they may sign up for another $.10 cents a click program that I promote as well and they also hear an audio about my main site. If you like what I am doing with IB, perhaps you could use this idea to recruit people for your own programs.

IB has another feature that some will just swear when they find out about it and others will swear by it: MailSpaceTM Ads...

MailSpaceTM Ads sends a members ad and your IB link out with each email that goes out from your PC! I can see people cringing on this one. But the idea itself is ingenius.

Another thing I have noticed is how their forum is growing. The software used on the Forum is a bit cumbersome and you have to manually create your sigs with each post...

Overall, I like IB and I don't see any harm in using it. It's another great marketing tool and idea.
random

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity