[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I need some marketing advice • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I need some marketing advice

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

I need some marketing advice

Postby navajostar » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:31 pm

navajostar

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:25 am

Postby R Hagel » Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:58 am

R Hagel

Postby Ryan Grandmaison » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:23 am

Ryan Grandmaison

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:11 pm

Hi Angela :D First, I have to say... I've really enjoyed getting to know you through our email discussions... and I love my necklace :!:

Lets break this down a bit...

Which keywords are you focusing on? Your meta tags show:

tattoo and piercing
tattoo gallery
tattoo art
tattoo flash
website design
canman
massachusetts tattoo artists
handmade jewelry

What is your targeted market? Do some of your products/services have a local focus, while others would sell really well online? What other keywords would potentially draw in the right crowd? I'm thinking:

hemp
henna
head shop
renaissance festival
... to name a few

You might consider doing some keyword research outside of what you offer, but within the same reach... and perhaps swap content and/or recommendations with other site owners.

Do your web stats show you where the 115,000 hits came from, how they found you? (stats can be tricky to read sometimes... make sure that you are looking at unique visitors/pageviews instead of "hits")

I honestly believe that getting the right people to your website is the key to generating sales... you have high quality products ;) A little tweaking for SEO and to lead your visitors straight to the order button should get things rolling in the right direction!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:31 pm

Postby TotalLifeSuccess.com » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:32 pm

Ditto what everyone else said about the first page: lose it. Not only does it force viewers through a hoop, it forces them to go in one direction, doesn't give a sufficient feel of your site to allow a newbie to decide if they want to browse and, is asthetically, is off-center in my screen.

Add the graphics to a new page that highlights the entire site.

Inlcude links to all your pages on the first page. Don't try to railroad viewers through hoops, you'll only lose them in droves.

Black backgrounds are traditionally associated with **** sites, artistic sites and sites wanting an "edgy" appearance. Tattoos and piercings are edgy (er... well, actually now they're pretty mainstream...), but still, why not go with a very lighly colored back ground, or, still yet, white?

You've got "New!" [additions] to your Web site listed, but very few actual links there... why display them unless you want people to go there (and, if you want people to go there, why not include a link!?) In fact, I'd just lose the "New!" thing all together. If your viewers are coming for the new flash, throw a specific link up there that will pull up the last X flash art tattoos added.

Why the gargoyles!? Icons? "Edgy"ness? Your mascots? Evaluate the graphics you're using and what they actually add to your site.

Links at the top and bottom of every page. Don't make people search for links to look more!

Holy Mackeral! I've got DSL and it's taking about 30-45 seconds to pull up some of your pages! :shock: You gotta do something about your sites graphics -- make 'em smaller and allow users to click for enlargements, include less per page, put only one up and describe the rest... but do something! If I had dial up, I'm thinking you'da lost me after about the first minute...

Why does clicking "Tattoos" bring me to a page with a man standing on a rock with his arms up!?

And... why do I have to guess that I have to click on him, still not knowing if it'll actually take me to tattoos?

Title 'em. If you're showing cover-ups, lable 'em! (Someone might misunderstand and think that "Paul"s first tattoo was actually done by you guys!)

(Hey, beautiful tattoos by the way...)

Last thing: the site is sort of unfocused. By that I mean you have conventions (a big part of the tattoo/piercing scene to be sure), tattoos, piercings, Web design, t-shirts and jewelery all listed...

Which one makes you the most money on the Web? That's what you should be using your Web space for. Narrow your site to one or two areas and get them earning money, then decided where you're expanding into.... but not until the first one or two are earning their keep.

Use Lynn's site and all of the folk's knowledge here well -- they are all incredible (and none moreso than Lynn).

Good luck!

Mark Farmer
Founder, http://TotalLifeSuccess.com
TotalLifeSuccess.com

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:48 pm

Great detailed review, Mark :!:

I'm sure Angela will find this extremely helpful,
as well as others who are lurking & learning ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity