This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

making sales on the first page of google

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Postby onlineleben » Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 am

terrapin719 wrote:I think maybe just because it's not a heavily trafficked keyword...

according to Wordtracker free tool ...

Terrapin, please see my post above - there is a lot of traffic!

If things haven't changed over the last years, wordtracker is taking its data from so called meta search engines which are not being used by many people and therefore these results shouldn't be used as the basis to find a niche or even estimate the traffic a certain niche can bring.

Just my 2 cents.
onlineleben

Postby tknoppe » Thu May 14, 2009 10:32 am

The free keyword tracker tool does not pull their info from Google - that's why I personally don't use it. I know Lynn does (sorry Lynn), but if it's not pulling from Google, then it doesn't really help me in my searches.

When I pulled this up early this AM (or yesterday - can't remember LOL) I used Market Samurai, which does pull from Google. Got high search counts similar to what onlineben has posted. It is a highly searched phrase.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Brismom » Fri May 15, 2009 12:56 pm

Thanks!
Brismom

Postby lisamariemary » Fri May 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Wow - eye opening thread here. Gives something to think about, for sure. I hope Lynn pops in and chimes in, too!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby Brismom » Sat May 16, 2009 12:31 pm

tknoppe, Thanks for clearing that up about the wordtracker free tool. I use Market Samurai as well and that is how I found the highly searched keyphrases that I optimized my site for. It is great to have the feedback about the keyphrase though, because this is my first time using market samurai and marketing a site on my own.

This is what led me to my initial question about making sales because I was pretty sure that I optimized my site with the right keyphrases.

I am wondering if maybe I really need to get into the top 5 to start seeing enough traffic to make sales. There is some really good competition sites that have been in business for many years where as mine is very new.

What do you think about this?

Thanks again in advance!
Brismom

Postby terrapin719 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm suddenly very glad that I downloaded Market Samurai this week since it keeps coming up! It's interesting to see what kind of results everyone is getting.

Maybe you just need a bit more time in your ranking spot. How does that go... a person needs to see your page 3 times before they actually buy something.... something like that.

Hopefully by the end of the month you'll have more orders than you know what to do with ;)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Previous

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity