This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How many hours per day do you dedicate to marketing?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

How many hours per day do you dedicate to marketing?

Postby BizGoToGal » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:31 pm

How many hours per day do you dedicate to marketing your business?

How is it working out for you?

Let’s hear what's working among us all.

Joyce
BizGoToGal

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 pm

Great topic! My answer is not enough. My schedule has recently been thrown for a loop so I'm lucky if I get in an hour or two per day to work on things lately.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby ChristineG » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi! Recently I have had my nose to the grindstone since my newest biz has just recently launched. I'd say 3 or 4 hours a day. This includes all kinds of marketing.
ChristineG

Postby mulewagon » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Not enough for sure! I'm hampered by not being sure what to focus on. I tend to submit to a couple of directories, skim some forums, then get sidetracked by another free ebook or something. I gotta make a list and stick to it...
mulewagon

Postby tknoppe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:19 am

I'm networking constantly - thus a form of marketing. I'm at my computer nearly all day working, with Twitter & email open. I have a column in TweetDeck setup with specific search phrases relevant to my business so I can answer questions and send folks to my web site to watch my video tutorials (that's marketing) ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 am

Not enough that is for sure.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby annalaurabrown » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:18 pm

1-2 hours online and then depending upon the day 1-2 hours offline at events.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby LarryJones » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:45 am

I believe my ceremony when I graduated was at 0900. My family arrived an hour prior since traffic always sucks that morning and if you want halfway decent seats. The ceremony itself only lasts about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how long the speeches are, how slow the awards go, etc. And the inspection of course, where all the companies graduating together march by the viewing stands. Then the soldiers are released for the rest of the day to spend with their family, and much chaos ensues as they try to find one another amongst the gaggle of everyone else trying to do the same.
LarryJones

Postby angienewton » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:56 am

LarryJones wrote:I believe my ceremony when I graduated was at 0900. My family arrived an hour prior since traffic always sucks that morning and if you want halfway decent seats. The ceremony itself only lasts about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how long the speeches are, how slow the awards go, etc. And the inspection of course, where all the companies graduating together march by the viewing stands. Then the soldiers are released for the rest of the day to spend with their family, and much chaos ensues as they try to find one another amongst the gaggle of everyone else trying to do the same.

Larry,
Did you mean to post this in another thread here on the forum? We can move it for you or delete so you can post in the correct place.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby mrsatwood » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:09 pm

I usually do a minimum of 2 hrs per day when it comes to marketing. I definitely feel that increasing to 3 - 4 hrs would be even better.
mrsatwood

Postby Trafford Forrest » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:31 pm

Well, when I first started my business I spend 4 hours marketing per day for the first one year. This was how I was able to build my business to full capacity; that is 37 clients in 8 months. I sorted out the leaks in my day, clustered my appointment/daily activities and started working on profit building activities.
Trafford Forrest

Postby massimo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:49 am

Great topic, thank you...

I think marketing is a broad word. Just my personal opinion but we need to separate it into more options:

1) Promotions

2) Joint ventures

3) Learning something (study something)

4) Testing

5) Tracking

6) Mailing list/newsletter

7) Customers management/promotion

8) Products launch

My marketing plan is about 15 hours per week and I have Foreign and Italian businesses. :wink:
massimo

Re: How many hours per day do you dedicate to marketing?

Postby David Jackson » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm

BizGoToGal wrote:How many hours per day do you dedicate to marketing your business?

How is it working out for you?

Hello Joyce:

Great topic! I spend approximately 16 hours a day online, and virtually all of that is spent promoting my business in some shape, form or fashion. Even when I'm consulting with clients, I remind them to refer me to their friends.

If I'm writing copy for a client, I tell them if they're happy with my work to refer me to others. I just joined Twitter, and now I'm attempting to network and promote myself there as well. By the way, if anyone wants to follow me, I'm @CustomerReviews

Like I said, I promote myself 16 hours a day. :wink:

How is it working out for me?

Great! I started my marketing blog in December, and financially, I'm already in position to launch a brand new website, which I'll be doing this summer.

Things couldn't be working out any better for me!

David Jackson
David Jackson

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity