This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Do you twitter?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Do you twitter?

Postby greenstacks.com » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:28 pm

I have found microblogging to be a highly effective way to generate hordes of traffic. Here is what i do with Twitter

1. I set up several accounts on Twitter.
2. They all are named the product name that i am representing but with numbers after them.
3. I put fresh content on all the accounts every 3 to 4 hrs everyday. All the content points to a satalite blog, squidoo page, hub page, RSS feed, main web pages, etc. You can set up a free account on www.tweetlater.com to help you set up automatic tweets. It will also send direct messages to anyone that follows you.
4. The Fresh content should include the name of the product/service that you are representing and the content should be good. Just one or two sentences max!
5. I then add a ton of followers
6. You will get indexed on Google 1st page very quickly.
7. You will receive traffic through Google organic searches and your followers on Twitter.
8. You can use www.tweetdeck.com - it is a free resource that you install on your desktop and you can build relationships with people by talking back and forth - this is a huge must have!!

I would like to hear what other people are doing to maximize Twitter for traffic generation purposes.

PM Me - I would love to follow you on twitter but i am not sure it is okay to post my twitter name here so pm me and we can exchange twitter names:-)
greenstacks.com

Postby nar321 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi, perfectly okay to post your twitter handle. Mine is http://twitter.com/nar321. What's yours?

Somewhere in SSWT's Forums is post in which lynn Terry asked for our twitter handles. Her's is http://twitter.com/lynnterry
nar321
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:14 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby roselee » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:32 am

Hi

Even I also got benifit from twitter. mine is http://twitter.com/nidhishah
roselee

Postby tknoppe » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:57 am

Yep - I'm a huge Twitter fan (link in my sig). I also love TweetDeck and have free Twitter videos on my web site and a Twitter Tutorial geared for those new to Twitter also available on my site. ;)

I use Twitter Tools to tweet when I publish a new blog post. I have tried many other apps & tools for Twitter and am testing another one now, and will post results on that one soon. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:08 pm

I use Twitter too (@angienewton)

BUT I don't follow everyone who follows me. For me it's more about quality than quantity. I like to follow those people who I feel I have a connection with, might have one with in the future or people I'm friends with or might want to network with.

I only have one Twitter account right now and that's about all I can handle ha ha and I do use Tweetdeck but not to it's full capacity. Never new that much about it until I was on Traci's blog GenesisBlogging.com
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I use Twitter a lot myself (http://www.twitter.com/OregonCoastGuy)

When my home system or laptop boots up, so does Tweet Deck. My G1 Phone has Twitroid.

I'm prepared to tweet at a moment's notice! ;)

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby angienewton » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Tony,
I just followed ya.

I have Tweetdeck on my old laptop so it's so convenient because I only use it for that.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 pm

I just followed you too Tony. :)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:03 pm

I love Twitter! I have my main acct and then I have a family acct (kind of like a private chat room...they haven't all figured it out yet) and a couple of business accts. The biz accts just aren't really taking off quite yet, because, they just don't have the PERSONALITY and VA-VA-VOOM of my personal acct - because, that's where "LMM" is, you know?

So I'm not totally sold on the 'separate accts' thing yet - because, how can you VA-VA-VOOM in multiple accts? 8)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Cool ;)

Of course, you're followed back

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby terrapin719 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:55 pm

I love Twitter. It's a great way to network and stay connected to the outside world, especially working from home. I have multiple accounts for different things as well, a few that run solely off of feeds and don't need much attention from me.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby sct100 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm still trying to figure twitter out. I see other folks doing a lot more than I am, but I have no idea hwo they pull it all together.
sct100

Postby tknoppe » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Stephen, the best thing I can tell you about Twitter, is to just start using it & watch how others are using it. If you have questions, I do have free videos about Twitter on my blog. :)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby sct100 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:44 pm

thanks Traci! I want to get the most out of it, but I sometimes feel like some sort of alien listening in on others conversations, not really understanding what they are talking about.
sct100

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity