[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Content Vs. SEO • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Content Vs. SEO

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Content Vs. SEO

Postby ronpastore » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:43 pm

There are so many trends and opinions you can find on the net and most of them are valid, or were valid at one time. Through search engines trends and general internet trends, the only thing that conitually brings traffic to my site is quality content and presence. When it's just a one person operation, and your balencing your time between SEO and writing new content, i usually write new content. I run a website called I launched in febuary this year (04), and since then i have aquired many number #1 positions for many different keywords. And as the popularity of certain pages fluxuates up and down, the majority of my traffic always comes from unique keyword combinations. Like my page on central vacuum installation, which describes how to install a central vacuum Though google seems to be changing it's opinion of long winded pages back and forth, i still get a ton of traffic from unique search terms because there are so many words, and so many more combinations of words that can potentially bring people to your site. And in most cases it's those people who do those very narrow searches with odd word combinations are actually are looking for the exact information on your page, so you have a better sales rate. But by all means, optimization is very key, i constantly tweak the structure of my site to make more sense, as well as do everything i can to build back links. A steady flow in the increase of overall web presence is a very huge factor, and doesn't look like it's going anywhere anytime soon. But after studying the trends for a few years, i've come to realize that my time spent might be better off making sure i continually write quality content because that's what people are looking for, and the one thing that will never change about google is that goal to help people find exactly what they are looking for.
ronpastore

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:22 pm

Hello & Welcome :D

You make a very good point about the benefit of adding content, in addition to the SEO aspect. I agree with you that those obscure search terms generally bring in highly targeted traffic, and the more content (ie information) that you offer your visitors, the better.

I enjoy reading up on the latest in SEO & Copywriting methods, but my personal favorite is the work of Karon Thackston who writes guides on "seo copywriting" - writing copy that increases your search engine ranking AND appeals to your visitors - ie converts well. Her specialty is in writing FOR the visitor, but in a way that really enhances your on-the-page optimization. Really good stuff.

Again - Welcome! I look forward to hearing more from you ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby flyer727 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:30 pm

> Like my page on central vacuum installation, which describes how to install a central vacuum http://www.vacorama.com/central_vacuum_ ... index.html
A couple of points:

-Your main content (the part with the white background) is right up against the darker column on the left. It would be more readable if you had a few pixels of white space.

-With a long article like that, you might consider breaking it into smaller pages. That makes it easier to read and keep your place if you want to come back later. It also gives you more pages in the SEs, more chances for the site to be found in a search. With an article that size I'd probably make it 2 or 3 pages. If you do that, put the contact info that's at the end on the bottom of each page.
flyer727

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity