[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Should I use a Safelist? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Should I use a Safelist?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Should I use a Safelist?

Postby mellymom3 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi. I joined a safelist because I was told they work. But the email ads you need to read to gain credits are soooo many and sooo time consuming. i don't have time to invest in that every day if there is going to be no real benefit.

I am debating closing my account but wanted some advice before i do. If some of you have made money and built up a list, can you let me know?

Also I was wondering about traffic exchanges as well. Are these almost the same kind of thing? I know it is free advertising but as with the safelists, most people are just interested in getting their own free advertising that they aren't even going to read or bother with your site/business for the most part. So what is the point? Am I missing something here?

I was going to use this homemade SPLASH page I created for the traffic exchanges, can anyone tell me if it sucks, or how to make one better if it is not good. I know I am not really good with creatin ecovers but I have no extra income for hiring someone else either.

Thanks for the help.

Melanie
mellymom3

Postby robert adams » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:48 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby annalaurabrown » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:07 pm

annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Li Weng » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:03 pm

Li Weng

Postby TorontoCarol » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi Melanie, it sounds like you better quit while you're ahead. You'll probably do better article marketing, especially since you're such a good writer.

One suggestion: I really like your splash page, but at the top it mentions kids books, then the giveaway is a wordpress book. Made me wonder if I was still in the same place. What if you put the word "Parents" in front of the intro about the wordpress book? Then it would tie in with your header a bit more.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby tam2005 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Safelists are a waste of time. I used to use them in the past. I would stay away from them...they end up leaving your inbox over flowing. lol
tam2005

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:19 pm

yes, I agree. Way to many emails for me. Now they are coming out with some ideas that blend traffic exchange ideas and safelists together. Instead of getting emails all day you log on to the site and check the emails/ads yourself if you want points to be able to advertise yourself. Then you have the option of email broadcasts and such to the members as well. Not sure if I am going to bother though. I think I should stick with what has been working, even though it is taking a little longer than I thought.
mellymom3

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:34 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby doc333 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:59 am

traffic exchanges and safelists should be used only to collect email addresses by you giving away something for free in exchange for that email address - even at that your list will not be very responsive. They are free so you could try them for a while but don't depend on them
doc333

Postby grangonzo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 am

They can be used to grow a big list of suscriptors.

I have used them, and still do, and get some results.
grangonzo

Postby holidaymaine » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 am

holidaymaine

Postby onlineleben » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 am

Stop doing that - it safes you lots of time.
Also the traffic is usually not very valuable.
Stick with traditional traffic generating methods like article marketing, SEO, PPC, writing short reports and promoting them to your list (with backend offers).
Although PPC involves some cost, you probabyl get better results from it compared to spending too much time doing your safelist stuff. Remember, your time also has a price tag on it!!!
onlineleben

Re: Should I use a Safelist?

Postby themadvlad » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:19 pm

themadvlad

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity