[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Why doesn't cold calling work? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Why doesn't cold calling work?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Why doesn't cold calling work?

Postby yslanrulz » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:43 pm

After six months of strenuous days buying leads and cold calling, I wanted to start crying and hated going into my home office. I thought, ok, i'm not reinventing the wheel, and I was taught the exact routine to make it work.

This past summer, I took one week off and decided to research on this process to make it not so painful. I discovered

Do you recommend techniques to add to your our routine to avoid headaches and angry people?

Sincerely,
Elizabeth A. Cobb
yslanrulz

Postby altyfc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:38 pm

I don't think cold calling works because it's intrusive and irritating.

I get cold calls regularly and always hang up.
altyfc

How do you generate leads?

Postby yslanrulz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Do you recommend techniques to add to your our routine to avoid headaches and angry people? How do you generate your leads?

Sincerely,
Elizabeth A. Cobb
yslanrulz

Re: Why doesn't cold calling work?

Postby jrise » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:18 pm

jrise

Postby yslanrulz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Are you also familiar with Mega Leads? I work directly with the owner of the company.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth A. Cobb
yslanrulz

Postby altyfc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 pm

No, I'm not. But I've seen many a site like it...
altyfc

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Hmmm... anyone else smell that? Sorta like... fried spam?
Bonnie Lowe

Postby yslanrulz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:13 pm

How do you generate leads? Social networking??

Sincerely,
Elizabeth A. Cobb
yslanrulz

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:32 pm

Cold calling doesn't work for me because I don't like doing it. I think it does work for many though that have the right skills!
MommyEnterprises

Postby kirkward » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:28 am

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby wade_watson » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:56 pm

Oh, it works. Otherwise my phone wouldn't ring 8 times a day with solicitations. It's entirely a numbers game. You get the pitch down perfectly. You make, say, 25 calls and you make a sale (statistics are NEVER that consistent, of course). For most people, though, the constant rejection wears them down and their delivery quality tanks. It takes much more mental adjustment than most of us want to bother putting into it. When I was doing this (briefly many years ago) I'd see guys who could close 1 out of 3 calls when I was lucky to do 1 in 20. Some people have a natural talent for it, but not many.

The thing about cold calling is it's about the dumbest way to make a buck I know. With the Internet, and other means available these days, there's almost always a better way than cold. A little creativity can go a long way.

--Wade
wade_watson

Postby annalaurabrown » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Cold Calling is in part a mindset but it's also a script and you have to at least like it a little or it will not work. How about warming up the market first such as collecting business cards or finding ads from people and calling these people and trying to build a relationship first by asking questions such as:
How is business?
How is the ____ ad working for you?
what are you looking for?
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity