[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What are the best ways to promote a site? (limited budget) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What are the best ways to promote a site? (limited budget)

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

What are the best ways to promote a site? (limited budget)

Postby Lohengrin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 am

Hi there,

What are the best ways of promoting a site on a limited budget? ($300). I'm a novice and would like to make the right choice to get traffic and general exposure for a new affiliate site that I am developing.

Thanks in advance.
Lohengrin

Guaranteed Free Traffic

Postby globalbizz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:38 am

The best way I've attracted free traffic is by writing articles on a specific topic and having them published at an article directory. One good article got me a Top 3 listing within days.

I also use forums, social sites, press releases etc.

Go to my website in my signature and view free traffic. You can also email getinternetsuccess@getresponse.com

Good luck
globalbizz

Postby createfreedom » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi, I would recommend using Myspace. Create a Profile based on personal branding rather than promoting your products or services. It's all about relationship building, once you conquer that people will trust you and buy your products or services. Best of all it is FREE! I have had much success with Myspace, so give it a try.
createfreedom

Postby karthik26_89 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:07 am

There are some free ways to get targeted traffic:

1. Blog commenting: Make quality comments in other blogs. Make sure you post more comments on the blogs that are in your niche. Just do a search in google for "your niche blog" with/without quotes. Try to add value to the blog post.

2. Forum Marketing: Help people in the forums and they will take time to visit your site to see what you have for them. Don't sell in your answers.

3. Yahoo Answers: This works like forum but you will find many questions here.

I would also suggest you to write articles and submit it either at article directories or as a guest post for a blog in your niche.
karthik26_89

Postby annalaurabrown » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:34 am

I recommend Facebook. Also offering a free ecourse on a blog works well also.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Re: What are the best ways to promote a site? (limited budge

Postby ChoiceCoach » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:55 am

Remember that search engines love links and keywords. You don't have to exchange links with scores of dubious "link exchangers" to add links if you can write material that gets posted elsewhere on the internet, always with a link to your site. I posted over a hundred "coaching tips," plus many Top Ten lists, so that I had links both to them from my site and from them to my site. I got a lot of hits that way.

I notice that you are not using your URL in your signature - I'd recommend that you do that.

Check your keywords. Some low-cost site developers don't bother with them, and though not as important as they used to be, they are still relevant.
ChoiceCoach

Get free traffic to your website

Postby marketing cashonline » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi There,

The one thing that worked really good for me is optimization. Get your keywords into your website and make sure you add a page title that includes your keyword.
Also edit your metatag!

If you would like some video tutorial about optimzing your website

go to

http://www.marketingcashonline.com
marketing cashonline

Postby jrise » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:47 pm

jrise

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity