This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Lurking....Reading........Learning

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Lurking....Reading........Learning

Postby karadawn » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:06 pm

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few days reading and learing, so if I've been quiet I just wanted everyone to know I really didn't leave!

There has been so much I have learned in just the short time I've been here, and seen some ideas I have already been putting to work. Everyone here has been so helpful, and it's giving me a real big boost in expanding Mom's Market. I can't even begin to describe how much this board has helped! I know have a clear plan, even clearer short term goals, and gaining more knowledge everyday on how to make those goals a reality.

Since I feel like I have been taking more than giving, I thought I would share my own proven marketing tips. Most of these are listed here, I know, but sometimes it's good to be reminded of them:

1. Networking - I can't stress this one enough. The more you network, the more opportunities seem to "fall" into your lap. Not to mention sales increase, subscriber bases increase, and target traffic to your site increases. It must be done RIGHT in order to work, and I KNOW Lynn has some wonderful advice on that topic ;) Another note - I spend a year and a half online before visiting a message board. I got no where until I visited them. 6 months later and I'm still amazed at how everything has grown.

2. Publishing a newsletter - a MUST! To me, repeat visitors is just as important as unique visitors. Newsletters and ezines are a wonderful way of not only bringing visitors back, but offering them resources and advice.

3. Hosting chats/seminars - I've done this a few times, and it is a lot of fun! Make sure you are an expert on the topic.

4. Article writing - Another wonderful way to help others and pull in visitors to your site/gain subscribers.

5. Placing a subscription box clearly on your site - I started Mom's Market Smart Shopper less than 3 weeks ago, and have already gained 40 subscribers. Just last week was when I put the subscription box on the main page and gained 27 of those 40 subscribers ;)

Let's see, what else? I'm just starting to learn the art of SEO, so I can't comment on that just yet. I do know that while it will take some time to learn and apply, it will be well worth it. I've seen this with everything, though. Building a business takes time and dedication. I'm reminded of the saying "Good things come to those that wait". This couldn't be more true in business, but of course we need to *constantly work* while we are waiting. :P

I know there are many more ways to build a business, many ideas I'm just starting on. This is my list so far, and I'm sure it will continue to grow!
:D
karadawn

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity