[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Could I have a PR critique please? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Could I have a PR critique please?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Could I have a PR critique please?

Postby laurie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:07 pm

Lynn and others,

I have just made a first attempt at a press release to announce my new ecourse.

I am not sure about it, so I was wondering if I could post it here for a critique?

Let me know if that's ok.
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Michelle Waters » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby laurie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks MIchelle,

I am actually rewriting it, so I will post it as soon as it's done.

And thanks for the tip. :)
laurie
Elite Member

A draft of my PR

Postby laurie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:44 pm

Michelle,

Here is my draft. Any comments would be appreciated. One question: for the "About" section, should I talk about my main website, or the sales page that I am referring to? Thank you.

An Easy to Understand Resource to Help the Home Business Seeker Know How to Start a Home Based Business

Now there is help to learn how to start a home based business with clear, easy to digest pieces of information. If you want a step-by-step approach to starting a business from home, read on.

(Rochester, NY) Now the home business seeker can find and implement a systematic approach to starting a business from home. Isn’t that what stops so many of those who desire to work from home but don’t know how to get started? It’s hard to know what to do first.

Unfortunately, it is a known fact that many businesses fail within the first year. Why? Although there are different reasons for this, definitely among them is not having a clear plan as to what to do and how to do it.

Laurie Neumann, of Christian Home Business Connection, has developed a twelve week step-by-step ecourse that takes you from choosing a niche and checking for its profit potential before getting into it to, to options for how to do business within the niche, to eight effective ways to market a business. This course is designed for the beginner who has no idea of where to start or what to do, but also for the person who has had some experience in a home based business, but isn’t seeing the results they hoped for.

Laurie has been working from home for over three years, and has learned much from just walking through and trying different things. Starting out her home business career by owning an online bookstore, she then moved on to start a home business website where she is diligent to ensure the opportunities she offers are legitimate.

Some may wonder if they have the time to do a twelve week course. However, if you really want to see something happen, you have to make the time. The lessons are concise, full of useful information and not pages of fluff. The weekly assignment may take some time to accomplish, depending on the lesson. However, in every lesson are links to the previous ones, so if you cannot keep up for any reason, you will always have access to the material. Laurie stresses in the lessons that it is important to do something each week to move forward toward your goal of starting a business from home.

This course is written in layman’s terms so that anyone can understand and follow through on the steps suggested to take. There are weekly assignments to suggest that, without putting the strategies into practice, there will be no moving forward.

A great option offered at a higher price is for email consulting with Laurie as the home business entrepreneur-to-be walks through the ecourse. If clarification or expansion is needed on a particular topic of the course, this can be requested in the consultations. Of course, there is always the option of signing up for the ecourse alone at a very reasonable price.

Says a satisfied reviewer of the ecourse, “I can honestly say that I wish I had this course BEFORE I started my business. It would have saved me countless hours of trial and error, not to mention the frustration of sporadic sales. If you are passionate about having your own business, this course is definitely worth the time and effort.”

For anyone who has wanted to know how to start a home based business and needed direction, this course can get you started on a new life of purpose and freedom.

About

Press Contact
laurie
Elite Member

Postby Michelle Waters » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 pm

Michelle Waters
Elite Member

revised version

Postby laurie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:32 pm

laurie
Elite Member

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity