[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Self-Promotion: The Secret to Business Success • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Self-Promotion: The Secret to Business Success

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Self-Promotion: The Secret to Business Success

Postby Dale King » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:22 am

Many people have aspirations of achieving greatness in the business world. They want to be the next Bill Gates, Donald Trump or Oprah Winfrey.

I think it's admirable to want to achieve greatness in the business world. But how do you get there? Simple. You have to master the art of self-promotion. Because despite all of the latest gimmicks, business has always been and always will be about promoting yourself better than the other guy.

It's not about accounting.

It's not about advertising.

It's not about business plans.

It's not about capital.

It's not about economics.

It's not about investors.

It's not about any of those things.

Business is all about self-promotion, plain and simple.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the aforementioned list isn't important. I think those things all play a vital role in business. However, I think it's more important to master the art of self-promotion. Why?

Because if you master the art of self-promotion, you can literally write your own ticket in business. Doors will magically open for you. The world becomes your oyster.

That's a fact.

Throughout the history of business, all of your great businesses had great self-promoters behind them, starting with the great Phineas Taylor Barnum.

Need proof of this?

Look no further than the aforementioned three leaders of today's great business empires, Bill Gates, Donald Trump and Oprah Winfrey. All three are known as brilliant self-promoters. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Do you think that's just a coincidence? I can assure you it's not.

So why is this significant?

Because you can't achieve greatness as a businessowner, if you don't know how to effectively promote yourself and your business. Regardless of how great you are as a leader, if you don't have the ability to get your message to the masses, your talent is going to be wasted.

So why is self-promotion so important?

Because if you can't promote your business effectively, you're leaving both money and opportunities on the table.

It's as simple as that.

And all of that money and opportunitties you're leaving on the table could mean the difference between success or failure.

Unfortunately, many businessowners don't have a clue about self-promotion.

If you're one of those businessowners, you'd better learn how to promote yourself and your business and quickly!

Your success depends on it.

Let me give you an illustration of how important it is to be an effective self-promoter. Let's say for example, you're an average freelance writer. Not great, not good, but average.

If you're just an average writer who doesn't have good self-promotion skills, odds are you're probably going to fail as an writer.

On the other hand, if you're just an average writer with good self-promotion skills, you can still have a very successful career as a writer.

Now just imagine if you were a great writer with great self-promotion skills as well. You will have the ability to open doors of opportunity you never imagined.See my point?

Now having good self-promotion skills doesn't necessarily guarantee that you will reach the success level of a Bill Gates, Donald Trump or Oprah Winfrey. But one thing is for certain. You definitely don't stand a chance of achieving their level of success without those skills.

In that regard, I highly recommend you pick up a copy of "The Art of Self Promotion" by Ilise Benun. It will be one of the best purchases you ever make!

http://www.marketing-mentor-store.com/h ... otion.html

Dale King
Dale King

Postby Michelle Waters » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 pm

While I agree that being able to promote yourself is a necessary tool -- I don't think it will do you any good if you don't have a solid business to promote.

Before you start promoting, you need to be able to make decisions and get things done.

Decide what you are going to do and then do it.

Then you can start promoting. Or hire someone who is good at it. LOL
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby Dale King » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Dale King

Postby Michelle Waters » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 pm

I know -- I just want to make sure that those who don't have their ducks in a row know to look and scoot a few of them over, as needed.

Many people in my target market and some of my friends have a few stray ducks running around....LOL!
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby Dale King » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Dale King

Postby greenstacks.com » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:54 am

Great article. I believe in everything you are saying. Thanks for taking the time to put it together. Alot of newbies online dont know how important it is to self promote.
greenstacks.com

Postby Dale King » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Dale King

Postby Kurt Henninger » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:59 am

I would agree that you need all of your ducks in a row first, like having a good business, and you being passionate about that business, definately the first keys.

Then you can do self promotion. I have found it interesting that many people DO NOT like to self-promote and are shy, yet they are still in businesses.
Kurt Henninger

Postby Michelle Waters » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby mewcreations » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:05 pm

mewcreations

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity