[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The Amazing "FREE" Ad Right Under Your Nose • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Amazing "FREE" Ad Right Under Your Nose

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

The Amazing "FREE" Ad Right Under Your Nose

Postby Dale King » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:27 pm

If you're a member of a forum and you haven't thought much about your sig file, you may be leaving a ton of money on the table. Over the last few months, I've made tens of thousands of dollars as a direct result of people clicking on my sig file and buying my products and services. Yes, believe it or not, people do click on sig files.

What's a sig file? A signature file is a little blurb you write about your business that is automatically attached to every forum post you make. In actuality, it's really a FREE advertisement that if used correctly can be very effective.

The problem is, most people don't use sig files correctly. They either don't use one at all, or their sig file is so poorly written no one will bother to click on it. What a waste! Since the forum administrators allow you to use a sig file to promote your business, you should try to write one that will compel people to click on it. A compelling sig file will generate traffic to your website, as well as create those all important inbound links.

If you don't have a website to send people to, join an affiliate program and post your affiliate link in your sig file. Look, if you've been looking for a way to promote your business for free, you have an amazing FREE ad that has the potential to be seen by thousands of people, right under your nose.

There's only one caveat. This free method of promoting your business will not work, unless you add value to the forum by contributing on a regular basis.

Dale King
Dale King

Postby tess47 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Dale,

Well put! So many people visit a forum ONCE, post their ad, and then might return a few days later to post another ad. This is so ineffective!

If people only realized how beneficial is to their business to be genuinely helpful, they would be amazed! I agree that people would be wise to visit a few forums EVERY day, and give freely of helpful information. It will really increase the chances of someone clicking on their link.

Thanks for the post - it will help others be more successful if they follow your advice!

Tess

tess47

Postby Dale King » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Dale King

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:09 pm

I for one in the past had been guilty of this. as a newbie, I had been told to go into the forums and I could post my ad there and sig line. Had no idea what a sig line was, but did go in to post the ad.

I like others was hurting myself for failing to return. Thanks for bringing this information out for all who still do not know or understand why.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Postby Dale King » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:09 am

Dale King

Postby JosephRatliff » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:00 am

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby tess47 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:28 pm

I only post ads on forums that specifically have an area for members ads - and I really don't even do that very often! I like posting to others questions or posts better, plus I learn alot from reading others posts.

I think people who only go to forums and place an ad are missing out on alot of very valuable information! It is amazing how much you can learn just by visiting forums and reading others posts. I have probably learned 70% of what I know from visiting different areas on forums.

I suggest to anyone (especially newbies) LEARN on the forums! There is alot of information out there that is VERY valuable to the success of your business!

Tess

tess47

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity