[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to Get Free Traffic By Writing Articles • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to Get Free Traffic By Writing Articles

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

How to Get Free Traffic By Writing Articles

Postby Dale King » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:58 am

Did you know the reason most people go online is not to buy anything, but rather to get free information? It's true. So how can you use this information to your advantage?

Provide that information in the form of free articles. Why free articles?

Because writing articles gives you a dependable method of generating free traffic to your website whenever you want it. Trust me on this. I do it every single day.

Want more free traffic? Just write and distribute more articles. It's as simple as that. And generally speaking, more traffic equals more sales.

Writing articles is still one of the quickest and easiest ways of bringing free, targeted traffic to your website. Writing articles will bring you free traffic from three reliable sources:

1. Ezines - Ezine publishers are always on the lookout for fresh content. They desperately want and need free articles. If you write articles and allow them to be freely published, your articles become viral, meaning your articles can actually spread like a virus and have the potential to be viewed by thousands of Internet users.

Also, when your article is published, it is then archived and can remain on the publishers website for years - making your article available to search engines for years as well.

2. Websites - More and more webmasters are building content-rich websites. They've all heard the expression, "Content is King." Believe me. Many webmasters are heeding those words. As a result, they also need your articles.

3. Search Engines - When your article gets published, the URL in your resource box is a link back to your website. Inbound links increase your link popularity, resulting in higher search engine rankings for your website.

Here's how to get the optimum amount of free traffic from your articles:

Use a compelling headline. Write your headline for your article the same as if you were writing a headline for an ad or sales letter. The same principles apply. Answer this question in your headline "What's in it for me?"

That's all your readers really care about. What's in it for them? Answer this question in your headline, and your article will get read.

I should also mention, Publishers are also attracted to compelling headlines. So the more compelling your headline is, the greater chance you have of getting your article published.

You should also write about popular topics. For example, this article is about free traffic. Let's face it, everybody wants free traffic. Since this is a popular topic, this article has a better than average chance of not only getting read by many people, but getting published as well.

How can you find out what topics are popular? Here are a few of the resources I use:

Ask IQ: http://about.ask.com/en/docs/iq/iq.shtml

Dogpile SearchSpy: http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/searchspy/

Google Trends: http://google.com/trends

Google Zeitgeist: http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html

Lycos 50: http://50.lycos.com/

Yahoo Buzz Index: http://buzz.yahoo.com/

For this method of generating free traffic to be effective, it's important to write as many articles as you can, as quickly as you can. This is the hardest part about writing articles for most people - being disciplined enough to write a bunch of articles.

The excuses I hear most often are, "But I can't write." Or "I'm too busy to write articles."

Here's my answer to that. Either make the time or hire an affordable ghostwriter over at http://elance.com. Just make sure you check their credentials carefully. After all, all writers are not created equal.

I'm busy too, but I make the time to write plenty of articles because I've seen the incredible impact they've had on my business.

If you put in the necessary effort required for a few months, writing articles and submitting them to the top article directories, those articles will generate plenty of free traffic for you for years to come!
Last edited by Dale King on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dale King

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:19 pm

I love article marketing.

Most of my website traffic comes from article directories and search engines that pick up my articles from my keywords.

It is also important once you submit the article to do additional marketing for the article to get maximum exposure.

I usually do small link building campaigns to juice my articles for maximum exposure by submitting to social bookmarks and building backlinks to them.

This helps you a lot in getting them ranked higher in the search engines and staying there for a long time.
Daniel Cassidy

Organic search results

Postby Wellsworth » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Wellsworth

Re: Organic search results

Postby Dale King » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:14 am

Dale King

Postby wthomas46 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:40 pm

I write articles as well and believe it to be an excellent way to get information out about yourself and your business. While some embrace the philosopy that it's more important to get as many articles out there as possible employing 'ghostwriters' to write their articles for them, I prefer to write my own articles for a couple of reasons;

1)When using someone else to write an article for you, you're giving up creative control and signing your name to someone else's thoughts. Personally, I enjoy the writing experience. Writing is a very personal experience. You start with an idea and watch it take on a life of its own until it becomes a completed work. No matter how humble it may be, most writers take a bit of pride in composing something that is hopefully entertaining, informative or provides useful information in some shape or form.

2)Poor quality articles...Many of the articles I come across in the Article Directories are nothing more than a couple hundrerd words of generic information, and provide little in the way of useful information to the reader. I want to be able to maintain control over what I sign my name to. If you do decide to employ others to write for you, make sure you do your homework and check out some of the other articles that the person has written, to make sure that you're going to be happy spending the money on their services.

While many believe in quantity as opposed to quality, I believe that in the long run you'll be well suited to write your own quality article that reveals you and your personality.

As with most things in life, there is usually a trade-off between quality and quantity. While the two can exist together, the reality is that they rarely do. In writing your articles, make a decision as to what's the most important factors for you in your writings; quantity or quality?
wthomas46

Postby tess47 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 pm

I agree, Article Marketing rocks! It is the number one way to increase traffic and boost your site rankings all at the same time.

When I first began article marketing, I thought it would be hard, and it was - for the first one or two. After that, the words just seemed to come so easily, and ever since, I try to write at least 3 or 4 articles per week.

I would suggest anyone wanting to increase traffic to your site, write some articles and submit them to several article sites!

Writing good articles also gives you more credibility, along with making you appear an authority on your subject. Just do it!

Tess

tess47

Postby jeana900 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:21 pm

I too write articles and love it. It is time consuming in the beginning, but the more you write the easier it gets, and it actually does work for you.

Blessings,
Beryl
jeana900

Re: How to Get Free Traffic By Writing Articles

Postby jimmychuang » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 am

jimmychuang

Postby GaryHarvey » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:23 am

Hello all you fellow article marketing fans.

There is a fabulous new tool out today.

It produces quality articles in 3 seconds.

See if I'm right about "quality articles" here
http://findhotmarkets.com/blog/icontent ... ser-review
where I have included 3 articles the robot generated.

Cheers,
Gary
GaryHarvey

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity