[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How many posts and articles to write? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How many posts and articles to write?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

How many posts and articles to write?

Postby mellymom3 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:31 pm

I don't know if this is the right category to be posting in, but it seemed relevant to me.

I just wondered if any one could tell me how many articles I should be writing for maximum exposure to my site every week. At present I write and submit one article a week. Too little? I have no problems writing more.

Also for the blogging aspect. I have 4 niche blogs I post to every 2 or 3 days. Is this frequent enough to attract visitors and gain as much exposure as I can or should I be posting every day?

Also if anyone reviews blogs, if they could let me know, I would really appreciate some feedback on my blogs before I spend more time on them, if I am not doing things right.

I know you all are busy, but if someone could spare some time? :wink:

thanks so much!
mellymom3

Article Funnel - A Blueprint For Article Marketing

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:36 am

Craig

Postby shri » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:16 am

shri

Postby Mommyland » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby JosephRatliff » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:41 am

It really depends...

Two schools of thought:

1) If you post once a week and promote the posts effectively...then that gives the posts time to get circulated and read etc...

2) Posting every day. If you do this, there won't be as many readers per post until your blog is very "seasoned" and your reader base is used to everyday content.

Whatever method you choose, consistency is really the most important part. Keep posting in that manner (approximately).
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:33 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby mellymom3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:40 pm

mellymom3

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby mellymom3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 pm

mellymom3

Postby annalaurabrown » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:36 pm

As many articles as you can. Other great idea for publicity is to get articles published in ezines and email newsletters.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Daniel Cassidy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:35 pm

I usually write an article to link to a blog
post every time I write one.

As long as you are not using the same link
over and over I don't see any reason why
you can't send an article out everyday.

Although I don't know if there is any evidence
to suggest sending out too many articles can
get you banned for building too many links
too fast.

Search engines like to see natural link growth
over time, so you should probably write no more
than 4-5 articles per week promoting the same link.
Daniel Cassidy

Postby MunnyMaker » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Makes sense... But I wonder... Is there a saturation issue?
MunnyMaker

Postby GaryHarvey » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:56 am

mellymom3, I know one of the most prolific
writers in several of the categories at EzineArticles.com
and he churns out 10 articles a day, across a range
of keywords and topics.

Works for him but it is a huge commitment and
work load.

I think the main thing is to write each article
focussed on one primary keyword or keyphrase,
with other (secondary) keywords/phrases also
included in each article.

Why the secondaries? To meet LSI expectations.

LSI = latest semantic indexing. It's a technique
Google has been using for a good while now, to
de-rank articles that are just filled with keywords.
Keyword spamming!

They've found that natural conversation between
informed individuals use a range of related
words when discussing any topic. They dont
all start with the same stem.

For example, the stem "talk" is obviously
associated with talking, talkfest, talkative,
talker, etc.

But an LSI-aware discussion of talking might
also include words like discuss, argue, consider,
say, etc that do not have the word "talk" in them.

Okay, I got carried away here, but this might help
with your article writing and submission process.
I'd be doing more than one a day... with each one
aimed at different keyphrases for your niche.

Gary
GaryHarvey

Postby mellymom3 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm

thanks for all the advice guys! Gary you taught me a few things I didn't know!
I do have a 10 month old baby to take care of as well so writing 10 articles a day is definitely out I would think. I have decided that 4-5 a week may be about right.
mellymom3

Postby GaryHarvey » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:50 am

GaryHarvey

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity