This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How To Increase Your Sales Overnight

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

How To Increase Your Sales Overnight

Postby Dale King » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:09 am

Question: When is the best time to sell your customer additional products?

Answer: Immediately after they've just made a purchase.

That's right. The best time to sell your customers additional products is immediately after they've made a purchase. Why? Because they're still in a buying mode. They're still happy and excited about their purchase. More importantly, they still have their credit cards out. What better time to sell them something else?

A lot of marketers send their customers to a 'thank you" page immediately after the sale. Let me ask you a question. Why would you invite your customers to leave your website, after they've just made a purchase? See my point? Why not offer them quick and easy add-ons to the original purchase?

For example, perhaps you have some out-dated or less popular items you'd like to get rid of. Why not offer them to your customers at a discount? They'll appreciate the gesture. Don't get me wrong. A nice, courteous thank you page is fine. But a page that offers your customers value at a discount is even better!

Are any of you guys offering your customers additional items immediately after the sale?

Dale King
Dale King

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity