[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What 5 Marketing Methods Would You Use? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What 5 Marketing Methods Would You Use?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

What 5 Marketing Methods Would You Use?

Postby tess47 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:26 pm

If you were limited to only marketing with 5 different methods each day, what 5 methods would be the most effective, and why? Just interested in seeing what everyone feels is their most important and effective method of getting visitors and sales to your site!

Tess

Exquisite Gifts at Affordable Prices

Quality Gifts & Accessories at 33-60% Off Retail Every Day!
tess47

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:53 am

1. SEO - Search Engine Optimization
This includes optimizing every new web page, every blog post, and even forum posts. Search still drives the highest number of visitors, and done right it can create long-term passive sources of revenue. This is definitely my #1 daily marketing strategy - and comes almost as second nature to anything I am doing online.

2. Blogging
This easily ranks #2 as a daily marketing strategy simply because of the power of Social Networking and visitor interaction. Combined with #1, it can be incredibly powerful for attracting targeted visitors, establishing credibility and building on visitor/customer relationships.

3. List-Building
Whether you are selling products, giving away free content, or giving away free reports, you should be building mailing lists for everything you do. Follow-up is incredibly valuable to your business model long-term.

4. Forums / Social Networks
These are great for connecting with your target market, doing market research, networking with peers & potential partners of all kinds, and also for getting exposure and inbound links.

5. Joint Ventures
A very effective method of combining resources and assets, which is mutually profitable. This is actually one of my favorite marketing strategies - not just because it works so well, but because its actually fun to pull off a great JV that benefits the partners AND their visitors/customers.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby tess47 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:37 pm

Thanks Lynn! I have to say I would agree with your top 5. I also try to write an article every day, and I am constantly adding content to my sites. Both of my sites are pretty new, so I have alot of work to be done! I have to chuckle a little when I see people advertising make $10,000 per month working 30 minutes per day. May be true, but it's hard for me to believe.

Thanks for your response!

Tess

Home decor, Gifts, Organic Skin Care and More at Affordable Prices
tess47

Postby jacquelynrose » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:29 am

1) Newspaper
2) Blogging
3) Social Media
4) Forums

I can only think of 4. :D
jacquelynrose

Postby McCrorie » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 pm

I totally agree with Lynn these are probably the methods most marketers use. Although articles are also a very effective way to market your business. I would also like to add free reports to the list. Everyone loves a freebie and free reports serve two purposes, they enable you to capture peoples name and email addresses and they enable you to virally spread you affiliate links all over the internet. :roll:
McCrorie

mine

Postby greenstacks.com » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:42 pm

greenstacks.com

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:43 am

I expanded on those 5 points at my blog:

http://www.clicknewz.com/1199/5-most-ef ... trategies/

:D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby greenstacks.com » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:51 pm

Lynn,
You are so informative. I love coming here everyday , i find so many great tips to use with traffic and I thought i knew alot:-) I appreciate you and your forum!!!

Angela
greenstacks.com

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Thank you Angela :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MrCat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:51 am

Mine would have to start with content ;)

1. Great content - be it information, service, products... providing relevance and usefulness gives you higher chances of making a visitor into a customer
2. Forum and blog posting on relevant niche - you participate constructively and learn new things while promoting your site via signature.
3. Pay-Per-Click - done properly, best at getting target traffic faster on a direct marketing approach to your potential clients.
4. Targeted Link backs - another premium way of getting the right traffic.
5. SEO - through link building - this will get you more traffic in the long run

Thats a nice resource Lynn. Thanks for giving out that link.
MrCat

Postby forummaster » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:56 am

i agree most marketers do use these methods because they are the most effective!
forummaster

Postby riche » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:17 am

riche

Postby tess47 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Great ideas everyone! I find new ways to market nearly every day. I still love article marketing above all, and I am beginning to write special reports. I believe that's going to be very effective as well!

I'm still working on SEO, seems everywhere you look people have different opinions on what works best in that area!

Tess

tess47

Postby AngelRS » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:30 am

As Richi Said Opening a blog is a nice idea... With that posting in a different blogs, forums, Submitting link directories, Submitting Website to different search engines, Posting articles, PR and so on are some of the methods I use....

Postby kidino » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:21 am

Wow... some great ideas here. I would agree with MrCat. Start with a great content, or better yet, a great story.

Hmm, after that, I would focus on building a list. I would use viral list building for this. If you ask me, I reward subscribers for referring more subscribers. It can be affiliate commission, CPA, membership upgrade, etc...

But of course, to build a list, you would need traffic.

For traffic, I would start with joint ventures.

And then, article submissions to directories.

And then, social marketing... this could be posting at my Facebook, creating a Squidoo lense, write at HubPages, etc...

So, how many is that?[/i]
kidino
Elite Member

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity