[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Opinions about BlogRush ? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Opinions about BlogRush ?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Opinions about BlogRush ?

Postby yeng29 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:09 pm

Hi all,

heard about this latest blog network called BlogRush that was launched by John Reese, 1 of the most highly respected & accomplished internet marketing experts around. Just want to know if anyone has tried it yet, & how did you find it ?

Regards,
John Y.
yeng29

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:14 pm

Hi John,

I really like it. I have it installed at http://www.ClickNewz.com . I find myself clicking on it often to check out related blog posts. A great little "social networking" tool!

Its sending traffic also, which is great ;)

This is my referral link for anyone that hasnt joined yet:
http://www.blogrush.com/r20218464

Its free to sign up, free to use - referrals just equal traffic credits :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby yeng29 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi Lynn,

wow, thanks for your super-quick response ! :-)......so i suppose one must have a blog to join Blogrush am I right ? Is it similar to Squidoo but the only difference is it's dealing with blogs ?

John Y.
yeng29

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:23 pm

Its not similar to Squidoo at all, really. BlogRush is a social networking and traffic generation tool for bloggers - so yes, you must have a blog to register & join in.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Schramko » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:24 pm

And you need to have your blogrush widget located on a quality page in a decent position as it will be hand reviewed.
James Schramko

Postby Trent Brownrigg » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:47 pm

Trent Brownrigg

Postby Dennis Edell » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:25 am

Dennis Edell

Postby Trent Brownrigg » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Trent Brownrigg

Postby Dennis Edell » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:10 pm

Dennis Edell

Postby Anita DeFrank » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:22 pm

Anita DeFrank

Postby Dennis Edell » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:27 pm

Dennis Edell

Postby Anita DeFrank » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:32 pm

:shock: Wow! Thanks for sharing that post Dennis.

Myself, I guess I can see both sides of the fence right now. Just my opinions here but some people need to be reminded that it does say BETA on the BlogRush home page. Quirks were to be expected. Right from the beginning, I must have received somewhere between 5 - 10 announcements that very Saturday morning it launched. I too jumped right on the bandwagon one reason being some of the recommendations came from people I highly respect and the second being ... well, it came from John Reese. I personally have yet to be steered wrong by the man.

There DOES have to be a line drawn somewhere. Unfortunately, no matter what you do, you're going to upset people on both sides. Although, by the sounds of this ... 10,000 blogs removed? Yikes! That's quite a number.

But, on the other hand ... I do agree with some that are upset. Making people wait a month to re-submit a blog for approval? I'd bet money had I been one who was deemed "unfit" ... by the time a month was over ... I would have probably forgotten or figured it wasn't worth it.

And speaking of not being worth it ...
I can't say for sure what the "dreaded email" said or didn't say. But, majority speaks there in saying that it didn't explain why they were temporarily suspended. Had I been one of those ... I would have looked over the list of "guidelines" then reviewed my blog. If it wasn't something that jumped out at me, I wouldn't have bothered going any farther. And yet, I myself have a handful of blog posts recommendind BR. Then what do I do? Boy, I've been there ... it's quite a humbling experience to have to apologize to your blog readers. It's not an easy thing to do.

I can also feel for everyone who gave him rave reviews, published the widget and highly recommended BR giving John an insane number of people to join in a very short amount of time ... those who now are left with a banned (or temporarily suspended) account. I can easily see why they wouldn't be so quick to jump at the next latest and greatest.

With all that said ... I guess I can claim myself as one of the few and the proud to uh, what did Dr. Mani call that ... have the "mark of approval" by John Reese :lol:

I also have to severly disagree with Mr. Lloyd Lopes. BlogRush is nothing like FFA sites or all the other garbage traffic exchange programs. This is exactly why I did recommend BR.

Great discussion! Really makes me think even though my blog (so far anyway) hasn't be rejected. Hope they don't include a stupid guidline like PayPerPost did and reject me because it's a "team blog". :lol:
Anita DeFrank

Postby Dennis Edell » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 pm

I think the idea was sound, at least in theory. I agree with a lota folk around the net tho, that it should have been kept in pre-rollout beta longer. That was way to many bugs for a "launched beta".

2 things that really got me were...

1. The razor wielding anything goes "review method"...a bunch of top notch blogs got the axe wrongly.

2. John himself responding once or twice with "it wasn't me, it was an employee"

Umm no, I think someone needs a lil more schoolin'. Where I come from, CEO, President, Owner (whatever) is all Latin for, It's always yo damn fault! :P

No one is untouchable (proved by that thread on the Reese - err - warrior forum lol) and if he's not careful after this, he could become Reeses Pieces.
Dennis Edell

Postby Anita DeFrank » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:44 pm

Yeah, I agree with that Dennis. To blame it on the reviewers ... someone had to teach them what to do, right? And he's the one who hired them, right? If that's the case, then maybe someone needs to do some reviewing and axeing of some reviewers??
Anita DeFrank

Postby Dennis Edell » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:53 pm

Indeed. That's been suggested more then once.
Dennis Edell

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity