[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Most effective ways to get traffic to your site ;) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Most effective ways to get traffic to your site ;)

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Most effective ways to get traffic to your site ;)

Postby MrCat » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi everyone!

Traffic, Traffic, Traffic! How do we get it? There are lots of possible ways to get traffic. All you need is to look at this list for your reference and check if you have done any of this yet.

Free methods:
Submission to SE's and directories
Article marketing
Email campaign
Forums, blogs and board postings
Social Bookmarking
Etc. etc.

Premium ways: (Should require a budget)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targetted Link backs
Professional SEO services
Ad spaces
Offline campaigns
Etc. etc.

Random and unique traffic is good to any site but getting targeted traffic is what makes the difference. This kind of traffic yields the highest conversion which would determine your site's success.

Given a budget, I would always opt for PPC. PPC is a very effective way of getting targeted traffic given the proper treatment. Identify your niche and select the market you want to cater to and start from there. Research also on the keywords your desired market would most likely be looking for. IMO, one should be more focused on getting targeted traffic than just page views. Buying targetted link backs are also effective at getting targeted traffic.

Another great way of targetting your desired audience is through forum posting on similar niche with your link on your signature. What I like about forum posting is that it is totally free.

Your content will always be a factor to be considered. Getting traffic is just the initial phase, making the conversion from your traffic will depend on how well you match your visitors' needs ;)

My question is : What methods do you use to draw traffic to your site? Random and targeted alike.

Hoping to hear from you!

MrCat ;)
MrCat

Postby Marc Meole » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:24 am

Nice post...

The key word for the Premium ways...is BUDGET!!!

You lose everythign with out and advertising budget inplace (if you go that route)

I draw fraffice to my sites with:

Forums posts
Articles
Social Networking and bookmarking sites
blogs
Relevent Link exchanges
Marc Meole

Postby MrCat » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:24 pm

MrCat

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:26 pm

The main thing with paid marketing methods (targeted or not) is testing.

Don't be afraid to hit that "Pause Campaign" button if you see that a PPC ad isn't working.

Then...

Like Marc said, stick to a budget. Don't gamble.

And kids, don't do drugs! :lol:
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Marc Meole » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:31 pm

Marc Meole

Postby rfresh » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:33 pm

rfresh

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:09 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby marketraisecorp » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:46 am

There are three points that I would suggest
(A)Defining your online marketing objectives.
(B)Defining your target market and developing your website and online marketing strategy with them in mind.
(C)Developing the internet marketing strategy that is appropriate for your service.
marketraisecorp

Postby ciarac » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:01 am

ciarac

Internet marketing The Best Strategy

Postby jackhumphrey » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:05 pm

Good morning everyone! As you all said we have various strategies to get traffic. But to get fast traffic we have to follow strategies like blog marketing, link building, video marketing, web 2.0 marketing, social marketing, . I wish you to practice these strategies.Thank you.
jackhumphrey

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:16 am

Welcome to the SSWT Forum, Jack ;)

Great to see you here!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby yeng29 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:05 am

Hi everyone,

in terms of getting traffic, there's also another important & useful way of getting free targetted traffic which I've noticed has not been mentioned here so far - and that is, doing joint ventures or JVs with other successful internet marketers out there.

Have done 1-2 JVs in the past & found them to be a very useful method of getting free targetted traffic to my website. For both "newbies" as well as for experienced internet marketers alike. I'm sure Lynn & a few of the other experienced internet marketers here will agree with me on this point as well ? :lol:

John Yeng
yeng29

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:41 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

How to make joint venture?

Postby fasisi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:17 am

Hello,

I am new in internet marketing and getting better understanding about this business. I have posted my website's url to free advertising sites and tried to exchange links. But how can I make VJ?

Thank you.
fasisi

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:23 am

Hello & Welcome :)

Its hard to advise without knowing the details of your site & offer, but I would recommend you start here:

http://www.clicknewz.com/633/traffic-ti ... new-sites/
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity