[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need help promoting site • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need help promoting site

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Need help promoting site

Postby networkmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:18 am

Hello, I really need some help getting the word out about my site and making sales. I would like to gear my site to schools, health clubs and organizations. I am not getting enough traffic to make enough sales and do not know what I need to do. I am listed top in some search engines for some keywords, I am doing google adwords among some other things. What can I do to get my site more known? Do I need more content? Do I need a different layout or structure? Any ideas? please.

The site I am talking about is my kids fitness site at www.fitnessandkids.com

Thanks
Denise
networkmom

Postby karadawn » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:37 am

Sounds to me like you have almost answered your own question. You know your target market - now ask yourself WHERE your target market is. Are they online searching for these types of products? Do they hang out in certain places?

My suggestion would be to personally contact some of the places you listed, and talk to them about your product. ;)
karadawn

Postby networkmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:49 am

I know that there are many schools that have websites and be interested in my products since I do sell to some schools now the problem is getting them to know about my site. I do not think calling schools is a good idea since there would be to many people that I could actually talk to and not sure who exactly that would be. Did that make sense? :)

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:17 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:27 pm

networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:25 pm

I would definitely dig in and start compiling a list of all publications that you could potentially write for or advertise in ;)

You mentioned two search terms (keyword phrases) that you rank well for: kids fitness & health and fitness for kids. Do you use to determine which keywords or search terms that you want to optimize for or bid on through Adwords? Using the free trial, these are the approximate # of daily searches:

kids fitness 57
health and fitness for kids 4

Also:

fitness for kids 35
physical fitness testing for kids 15
kids fitness equipment 13
kids start fitness equipment 11
kids and fitness 10
fitness for children 38
exercise for kids 53
kids exercise 38
exercise for children 49
children and exercise 45

Also, while I was browsing your site (which is very nice, btw!), I noticed that this page couldnt be found: http://www.fitnessandkids.com/products_kids.html
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby networkmom » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:50 pm

Hi Lynn, I have looked at word tracker but really do not know what I am suppose to look for when using this. Some of my keywords do not get more than a few searches so I guess I need to find ones that get a lot more searches. What exactly do I need to see when using word tracker?
I still need to figure out how to get the most from google adwords because I really do not understand what it takes to run a good campaign.
I have to go through my site and take that products link out of the site.
Thanks for letting me know.

Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:28 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby lwpat » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:31 am

Nice looking site. Here are a few observations that may be of help.

Your home page is not keyword rich. You need to write for the search engines. Decide which keywords you are targeting and then optimize your home page for them.

Submit your newletter and ebook to the various directories. Each listing adds a link to your site.

Add a subscribe box for your ezine. The link makes it too difficult to sign up. Your most important resource will be your list. Consider offering a "freebe" for signup.

Back issues of your ezine need to be on your site. Each back issue adds a page to your site and the search engines look for content.

Start an articles page and submit your articles to the directories. Again each article adds a link to your site. People come to the internet searching for information. Provide the information and you will also make the sale.

Consider selling on eBay. Excercise equipment is very popular.

Once your advertising budget is a little larger consider using
lwpat

Postby networkmom » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:17 pm

Thanks for the tips. I wonder though how do I optimize my page better?
I thought I did this. I am not sure exactly what I need to do here.
I have actually been selling on ebay but the exercise equipment at wholesale for me is to high to really make any money with it on ebay.
I would love to get into ebay more it is just very hard to find the right products. I will take your advice on some of the other things you mentioned.

Thanks
Denise
networkmom

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:18 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby lwpat » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:34 pm

lwpat

Postby networkmom » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:35 pm

networkmom

Postby networkmom » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:47 pm

networkmom