[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Peel Away Ads Behind Web Pages • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Peel Away Ads Behind Web Pages

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Peel Away Ads Behind Web Pages

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:52 pm

I’ve seen “peel away ads” on websites before, and they always pique my curiosity and get me to at least mouse over the corner of the page to see the offer hiding there.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on them, both as a visitor and as a site owner. See http://www.clicknewz.com/1015/peel-away-ads/ for examples.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mila Sidman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:04 am

I find them so interesting Lynn, I can't help but to look at it and see what's underneath, LOL. I would love to hear what results you get using these.
Mila Sidman
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:24 am

I'm going to be implementing it very soon. I like the example of offering a coupon or special offer related to the page content... excellent strategy IMO.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby PattyGale » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:15 pm

I think they're pretty cool, too.... non-intrusive, yet definitely sparks curiosity.

I had found a site using it several weeks ago and my husband was nearby. He happened to be looking over when I landed on the site (can't remember which one now), and he said, "Wow, that's pretty cool!"

I thought that was interesting because he's more of the consumer mindset than the marketing mindset, so I consider that a plus for the immediate impression given by a peel away ad.

Patty
PattyGale

Postby johndilbeck » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:24 pm

johndilbeck

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity