[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Sales! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Sales!

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Sales!

Postby Dale King » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:39 am

I'm sure you've heard the expression, A picture is worth a thousand words!" Well, that's true. But I also believe A picture can be worth a thousand sales! Let me explain.

I've noticed that a lot of members here don't have their picture in their profiles, or on their website or blog. I think that's a mistake. Associating your face with your business has long been proven to be extremely effective. That's why whenever you see infomercials on television, they're not only selling the product or service, they're also selling the person behind the product or service as well.

Look at the television commercials of your local car dealerships. They put their faces front and center, because they understand that people buy from people they know and trust. And when people can see your face, they feel like they know you and that they can trust you. More trust equals more sales. It's simple math. It's also all about human psychology.

Can you imagine how uncomfortable you would feel, if your next door neighbors wore masks all the time, and you couldn't see their faces? Wouldn't that freak you out? Would you trust them? Of course, you wouldn't.

Well, the same premise applies in marketing. You'll be much more successful, if people trust you. If you don't have your picture on your website and/or marketing materials, it may be costing you sales. Just something to think about!

Dale King
Dale King

Postby networkmom » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:25 am

Dale, you are probably right. I need to get my pictures up in my profiles and websites :) I hate taking pictures but I know i need to do this.

Thanks
Denise
networkmom

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:25 am

I think it depends, Dale. You don't see unattractive or weird-looking people pitching anything on infomercials.

It's an unfair world, but looks matter. That's fine if you look "normal" or "acceptable."

If people SEE you on their first impression, they will JUDGE you based on how you look. I'm sure I do it myself.

If you looked like Carrot-Top on speed, I'd be less likely to want to do business with you. It's just human nature.

But if I didn't SEE that you looked like Carrot-Top on speed and I got to know you (and your skills and abilities and personality) BEFORE seeing you, then your looks would not matter to me.

I have many good "virtual" relationships/friendships with people online whom I've never seen.

I don't care why they don't show their face. I care about what they say and what they do.

I'm not disagreeing with you, Dale. Attractive people who show themselves will probably get more business... so for THEM, a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone. Even in today's so-called "enlightened" society. :?
Bonnie Lowe

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity