[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Facebook Marketing • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Facebook Marketing

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Facebook Marketing

Postby jaggiegill » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:52 pm

Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them.

I've never thought of promoting my business on Facebook before at all because I don't see it as a place many business owners go looking for help with their business... I've just been using it to keep in touch with friends and connect with people I haven't seen in years.

You wont know the prices to advertise unless you have an advertisers account, but from what I can tell , the starting price is not cheap at all! You need to be the Tiger Woods of marketing to afford such rates, but how about the free way of marketing just like other social networking sites?

Myspace is having it's share of marketers but I've yet to see one on Facebook.

Advertisers do not LOVE college kids. They're part of the mix but in general their income is low, they don't buy in the numbers that those in 24-49 do, because they don't have money and their soulless American lives don't yet revolve around buying stuff other then beer and pizza. (partially kidding)

Would you explore into this untapped market , or is there anyone that has tried marketing with this networking utility before ?
jaggiegill

Facebook

Postby braver55b » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:59 am

braver55b

Postby MrCat » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:48 am

It is a nice way to draw traffic to your site. But you don't get targetted traffic from it. ;)
MrCat

Postby Marc Meole » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:53 pm

I've seen a few reports on marketing using facebook...I've looked into it...nothing there really peaks my interest...
Marc Meole

Postby annalaurabrown » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:29 pm

From my experience, it is a great way to let your friends and family and other acquaintances, espcially those with whom you may have limited contact or lost track off aware of what you are doing.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby johndilbeck » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:39 am

I like Facebook for social networking and keeping in contact with some far-flung friends and associates.

I used MySpace for much the same thing. I tried business networking there and met some nice people, but Myspace doesn't want us to promote our businesses there.

When they changed the coding on my profile so I couldn't link to some business sites, I decided it was time to move my business activities off their site.

I didn't particularly like Adlandpro. I do some business networking on Ryze. I've joined quite a few other networking sites but didn't like the systems or the people I was meeting on some of them.

On Labor Day, I found Apsense and so far I really like it. They want people to promote their businesses and make it easy to do so, especially with the the free business center they provide for all members.

I'm in the process of moving most of my business-related networking to Apsense and I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops over time. They're quite new, but they're starting to grow.

I've done a little networking on LinkedIn and have met some high-quality contacts there, but the system is difficult to use and rather restrictive.

PowerfulIntentions.com was a very good site, but they went through some growing pains awhile back and I lost most of what I'd built there. To get the most of their service, you have to be a paid member.

I've joined PlugIM, Bumpzee, Peopleized, and a few others, but they don't offer what I'm looking for, but others tell me they're dong well on some of them.

I think we'll continue to see an explosion of these sites, but the question remains: Are they effective in helping us promote our businesses and make more sales and can we afford to advertise on them.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity