[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Article Marketing or Blogging More Effective? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Article Marketing or Blogging More Effective?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Article Marketing or Blogging More Effective?

Postby JoblessJake » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:55 pm

I have been article marketing with great success with my team and many of my teammates are really hitting it home with article marketing.

I am in the process of creating a blog for my team to have access to for training and support. My question is for those that have blogged and article marketed extensively which did or do you find more effective and why?
JoblessJake

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:20 pm

Blogging, without a doubt, because it gives you a central point to build a loyal readership and for those interested to use it as a central place to get all of the information about/from you that they may need or want.

Blogging is interactive, which opens up a whole new channel of possibilities ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JoblessJake » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:23 pm

The more i am reading i agree. I cant beleive how effective it can be. In the beginning i just started creating it for my team to go for training but i see it can also be used as a recruiting too!

Lynn did you start this forum?
JoblessJake

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:08 pm

I did :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MrCat » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:23 pm

If you have time to do both Jake, go for it! But I do agree with Lynn as blogging is more interactive :) Goodluck!
MrCat

Postby jaggiegill » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:08 pm

Blogging is interactive, but article marketing is viral.

Blogging is more fun to do , but article marketing gives you that sense of accomplishment. (Seriously even though my Blog posts were long, I never used to think that my Blogs were long enough, there was always a side of me telling me to write more! )

Blogging helps make people make relationships with you, but article marketing makes you break out of your shell and go out for the people!

In my opinion article marketing has to be better, it's all a matter of choice here, they are two really effective methods of bringing traffic, building relationships and sharing ideas, but when it comes down to the wire, if you have the time DO BOTH, if not just pick one that you think you will enjoy doing the most! If you do things that you like to do, you do a better job of doing them.
jaggiegill

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby braver55b » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm

braver55b

Postby Frank_Bruno » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:30 pm

I have found blogging to much more effective for myself although I do both.

Article marketing by posting aticles to blogs can give very cool results as well.
Frank_Bruno

Postby iceforever.diamonds » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:32 am

blogs and articles always seems to compete... the only thing here is that:

with BLOGS:
-- gives a wider option to personalized the information you would want to publish online.

-- it is usually updated

-- blogs should be ranking high to get the exposure that it needs

as with ARTICLES:
-- it is informative, authoritative, detailed, marketing driven

-- this really gets proper exposure

-- it helps in advertising a certain product or service, its content smoothly leads its readers to it
iceforever.diamonds

Postby James Schramko » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:46 am

Blogging is far more effective because it offers:

-Central location
-Social benefits
-Comments
-RSS feeds
-Automation
-Lead Capture
-Media options (MP3 Video)

Ideally you would be using both methods to increase your traffic.

Regards

James
James Schramko

Postby relyonhim7 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:28 pm

I agree James; Both blogging and article marketing should very well be used if serious about marketing online. But, I would have to say that article marketing may have a bit of an edge due to it's HIGH ability to be Viral. Viral is powerful meaning your one article can potentally reach thousands upon thousands, which makes article marketing a MUST.
relyonhim7

Postby James Schramko » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:53 am

Great point relyonhim7,

You can still post your own articles on your own blog and allow syndication if you want the viral effect.

Then create feeder articles for your blog to submit to directories.
James Schramko

Re: Article Marketing or Blogging More Effective?

Postby Dale King » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:15 pm

Dale King

Re: Article Marketing or Blogging More Effective?

Postby Suzane Williams » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:44 am

Blogs are emerging as powerful marketing tools, Blogs may have begun as a way to express thoughts and opinions, but the full potential of business blogging has now been discovered.

Marketing blogs are ones that are kept strictly for marketing a person or a business. Many business blogs are written to advertise existing businesses like dental practices, hotels and local shops.

8)
Suzane Williams

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity