[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are You In The Forums Just For The Money? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are You In The Forums Just For The Money?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Are You In The Forums Just For The Money?

Postby jaggiegill » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:05 pm

If you are a forum marketer you need to read this post.
This was originally posted in the WF but the message is for all.

The forum leaders know the secret of earning with forums,
this is to all future forum marketers wanting to make it big.
Enjoy!

"Here's something I want to clear up right now. I've seen some people
outside this forum complain that posting on forums is a waste of
time. I have some comments about this...

Forum posting is a waste of time and energy if you first and foremost
aren't trying to help other people. The more you give, the more you
get. It really is true. Watch the top marketers. They really do give
a lot, and they reap the rewards. If you take, take, take, then
you'll end up with very little.

If your signature is weak, of course you won't make any money. Does
your sig match the intention of the forum? For example, are you
advertising or promoting dog beds on a cat lovers forum? You might
laugh at this, but I've seen these kinds of poorly crafted
signatures on many forums, including the Warrior Forum.

Is your signature offering something people actually want. And, do
you offer a call to action? Is it hot and spicy? Similarly, is your
signature too obnoxious? I've seen signatures that are nothing but
bright colors, bold text, and blather. Sometimes less is more.

What I find is that nearly every time I post something with substance
I learn something new from someone else. Furthermore, I definitely
see a boost in sales for products posted in my signature. Sometimes
it is only 1-2 sales, but other times it is much higher. A simple
post where I give tips and hints can easily generate $50-100. I'm
sure many other people will confirm this.

In short, if forum posting isn't making you money then think about
what you're doing, make a plan to change for the better, and take
action. Help people first. Fix your signature if it's broken.

That's the magic."

By: John
jaggiegill

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:20 pm

Excellent advice ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity