[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Million pixel sites: are they work for you? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Million pixel sites: are they work for you?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Million pixel sites: are they work for you?

Postby montyauto » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:40 pm

Has anyone used promotion by a kind of 'million pixel' sites? And did they work for you?
montyauto

Postby ideaGENERATOR » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:35 am

The first one "MillionDollarHompage.com" seems like it brought people a lot of traffic while Alex Tew was doing the whole Public Relations thing. But after he sold all the spots, I am sure traffic started dying.

Alex actually started a new website called Pixelotto.com - which is the same thing except one lucky link-clicker will win A million dollars. I think this is going to be worse then the first one. He might get those companies more traffic. But it will most likely be kids clicking on links all day hoping to win big. Horrible traffic.

I think those pixel sites are bad news, because there is no substance and reason for viewers to go there.

I actuall just joined a site called MillionDollarWiki 3 days ago. I am skeptical about it. Another kid trying to get rich quick. But atleast this time you get a whole page. I actually did it cause even if it fails I get 15 years worht of hosting for $100 - I don't have a website, so now I have a place to operate from. If it is successful, I might even get some extra traffic that I wouldn't get anywhere else.

It is brand new... so I will let you know how it works out.
ideaGENERATOR

Postby business opportunities » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:59 pm

business opportunities

Postby jaggiegill » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Ah yes, 'million pixel' sites, they have been around for a very long time and everytime I came across one, for some reason I used to get steamed up, I guess I had a really bad anti-pixel ad disease. These sites are probably the worst method of advertising after safelists and spam!

I'm one of those people who hates pixel advertising a lot. The only pixel advertising that I have tried was the section in DirectMatches where you get a certain amount of squares depending on your subscription with them. In all my months with being with them I've only received 4 clicks on my 4 pixel ads, and I think I was the one who clicked them to check out if my link worked properly :D .

If I come across any pixel advertising site, I run the other way, there is a benefit to the website owner, but think of the traffic you will get.... horrible!
jaggiegill

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity