[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Google adsense and Google adwords: Which one better • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Google adsense and Google adwords: Which one better

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Google adsense and Google adwords: Which one better

Postby montyauto » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:27 pm

I have been leraning to know more about google adsense and google adwords

In term of promotion to get traffic which one is better?
If we have signed up one of them, so signed up another one would it waste money or would it be a good investment?
montyauto

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:26 pm

Google Adwords is what drives Adsense.

For revenue from your site or blog, Adsense is what gets the clicks and provides the revenue. I have video about Adsense and what works best for me at

To drive traffic, Adwords is what you want to use.

A word of caution. Learn all you can about Adwords, so you don't spend more money than you need to. Also, Adwords should be used to drive traffic to landing pages to make a sale, not to drive traffic to your general web site. You need a good return on investment and if you're using it to just bring traffic, you're spending more money than you're making.
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Maggie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:16 am

Maggie

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:04 pm

Google Adwords is the one you would use to get traffic. It is Google's pay-per-click advertising system which enables you to place ads in the search results on Google and related search & sites. You only pay for click-through's.

Google Adsense has nothing to do with traffic, but it is the flip side of Google Adwords. It allows a site owner to publish the Google Adwords ads on their website. When someone clicks an ad, you get a percentage of what the advertiser is paying per click.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:06 pm

I'm curious if you are having problems posting threads, because there were 4 identical threads for this same topic - and I have seen other duplicate postings in different categories as well. Is the forum giving you errors when you post new topics?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ownerwillcarry » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:33 pm

I joined Google Adsense last Saturday, not really understanding a lot about how the program works. I took a look at Tony T's video just to get some basic understanding and tips before starting. Now I'm kicking myself for not joining sooner. Day one profit was $14.77, day two was $29.62, and today, day three I'm at $38.15 and there's still 7 hours left in the day! This is like giving myself a $1000 per month raise without having to do anything for it. It's by far the easiest money I've ever made. Thanks Tony for the tips you gave in the video. They are working like a charm for me.
Last edited by ownerwillcarry on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ownerwillcarry
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:17 pm

Awesome! I'm really happy for you and glad that I could be a small part of your success. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! :D
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Mila Sidman » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:40 am

Mila Sidman
Elite Member

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity