[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 4 secrets to effective ad posting on Craigslist • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

4 secrets to effective ad posting on Craigslist

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

4 secrets to effective ad posting on Craigslist

Postby massimo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:23 am

massimo

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:03 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby massimo » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:39 am

Thank you Lynn! :D

I sell digital products.

BTW, you can sell everything you want on Craigslist. It's a free POWERFUL resource and it works a lot.

At this moment, I built a straight-to-the-point guide to create & post winning ads on CL. You can take a look by clicking below:

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... highlight=

Thank you!

:wink:
massimo

Postby massimo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:21 am

massimo

Postby massimo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:18 am

This is very important:

At this moment, Craigslist is detecting I.P. addresses when you post. They track emails, title and links too.

What it means?

Your posts can be removed with ease in just 2 seconds. Be sure to not break CL rulez, otherwise your ads have no chances to survive.

Hope it helps.
massimo

Postby Sandra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:45 pm

Good point about watching the CL rules. Just like forums or community sites there are also certain norms that you should be aware of. So spend some time on CL before posting.

I posted an ad for a writer and very quickly got some good responses. (several eventually hired as freelancers.)

I'd also recommend a CD from the Publicity Hound - . It has lots of good tips.
Sandra
Elite Member

Postby massimo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:01 pm

You can use these fresh tips. I love Craigslist!

1. Do not post the same subject line twice.

2. Post your ads on the major cities. They have the most traffic.
(Seattle, S.F. Bay, Washington D.C. and New York)

3. If posting an image ad, change the path to that image
every 3-4 days. I mean you can duplicate your image and modify
the name of the new one. It will seem a new different image.

4. Post only in categories that directly relate to your product or service.

Hope it helps! :wink:
massimo

Postby braver55b » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:44 pm

You can also go to alexa, click traffic rankings and type in craigslist.org and you will find the most trafficked cities to post your ad on craigslist.
braver55b

Postby massimo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:28 am

Just some examples of winning subjects to use on CL:

As Seen On Ebay: Increase Your Traffic By 300% With...
Best Targeted Traffic Generator: Everyone Buys This-Do You?
As Seen On Ebay: Killing Ads For Craigslist
SEO is dead. You'll be dead soon if you don't...
Don't hire our experts of search engines link-building

Hope you got them!
massimo

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 am

Bonnie Lowe

Postby massimo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:26 am

Yes you can.
..BUT you need to change the subject, the content and the link inside your ad. OK?

Follow my tips when you post and you'll obtain more success in return.

:wink:
massimo

I get 15 to 26 leads a day using Craigslist

Postby greenstacks.com » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:58 pm

I put 20 or so ads a day on Craigslist. I get 15 to 26 (highest) leads per day for my business. I wrote a little writeup that i give to people pm me if you want it - i dont want to get in trouble for putting any links up ...it is just my step by step info on how I use craiglist because I never have been banned.

Okay have a great day!
Angela
greenstacks.com

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:16 am

Where people go on Craigslist.org:

sfbay.craigslst.org -13%
newyork.craigslst .org - 8%
losangeles.craigslist.org - 7%
seattle.craigslist.org - 4%
boston.craigslist.org - 3%
sandiego.craigslist.org - 3%
chicago.craigslist.org - 3%
orangecounty.craigslist.org - 2%
vancouver.craigslist.org - 2%
portland.craigslst.org -2%
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby massimo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:40 am

Yes, right! :wink:

Some subjects that you can use in your ads:

Start A New Business For Under $20
Do You Need To Make Money This Afternoon?
The Secret To Making Money Online
The Secret To Advertising
The Secret To Weight Loss
Everyone Buys This-Do You?
The Talk On The Street Is…
Open A High Volume Web Site
This Is To Darn Easy

You can read more info below:

http://www.eoltt.com/craigslist-7bucks-guide
massimo

Postby MrCat » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:46 pm

I have been experimenting with Craiglist posting lately and these tips will be very helpful! ;)

You could also read on their forum section to get more tips from time to time..
MrCat

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity