This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The Sand Box Effect

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

The Sand Box Effect

Postby marketraisecorp » Fri May 11, 2007 3:08 am

I had previously posted a thread asking for advice as to why my search results were on a constant decline in the google seo.Some answered that it is the normal tendency that happens in google where as only of them said it was due to the sand box effect.While going through what is sand box effect, I came across the following points.
1)The Sandbox Effect is a theory used to explain certain behaviors observed with some Internet search engines.
2)The Sandbox Effect is the theory that websites with newly-registered domains or domains with frequent ownership or nameserver changes are placed in a sandbox holding area) in the indexes of Google until such time is deemed appropriate before a ranking can commence.
3)Webmasters may notice that their site will only show for keywords that are not competitive.This effect does not affect new pages unless the domain is in the sandbox.

The Sandbox Effect is a topic of hot debate among those interested in search engines and search engine optimization. There are many different opinions about it, including the view that the Sandbox Effect doesn't actually exist and that the search ranking behavior can be explained as a result of a mathematical algorithm, rather than a decided policy.Although certain details of the Sandbox Effect are disputed by webmasters, there is general agreement that the Sandbox only applies to search results from Google, and that results from other search engines such as Yahoo or MSN are not affected.So newbies and other members who are into seo and are bothered about their website not featuring in google's index page here is the summary as to why.If there are more proposals as to how one increases their search results please do not hesitate to pour in your comments.I shall be highly obliged if my search results in google is enhanced.
marketraisecorp

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity