[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone use Squidoo? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone use Squidoo?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Anyone use Squidoo?

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:36 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby LynnWilson » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:22 pm

I love Squidoo. I have one that I had a lot of fun with and others that are more informative.

www.squidoo.com/boybriefs

Lynn
LynnWilson

Postby jhigg » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:42 pm

I've heard its a good way to get backlinks too. Very interesting.
jhigg

Postby annalaurabrown » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:18 pm

I love it as well.
My main link is http://www.squidoo.com/miabellamakesmoney
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:38 pm

MommyEnterprises

I love Squidoo!

Postby tltfaas » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:14 pm

I actually use my Squidoo Lens to organize and manage dozens of links used for article marketing. My only downfall is not keeping it up-to-date as possible. I've recently updated it and set an alarm in my calendar software to remind me to look at it regularly.

http://www.Squidoo.com/articlesthatsell

Bonnie
tltfaas

Postby *Delecia* » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:48 pm

I love squidoo. One of the newest lenses I created is http://www.squidoo.com/noboss I have not spent enough time on the lenses lately. But if done correctly squidoo can be a great tool.
*Delecia*

Postby john925 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:09 pm

john925

Postby TriCitiesEcommerce » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:20 am

I have read about it in the past but never dedicated the time to go check it out.

We'll after checking out some of the lens on this post I thought I would go try it out.

We'll see how it goes.
TriCitiesEcommerce

Postby john925 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:36 am

Good luck with your len's. I was going to look into it today, but now it looks as if I am going to have to start re-designing my larger site due to problems with it instead.

Gutted.
john925

Postby utopia.worldventures.biz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:08 am

I love Squidoo. Not only have I earned a little bit, but search engines are picking my page up.

http://www.squidoo.com/guaranteedincome/

I have been ranked as high as #32 in business and #582 overall
utopia.worldventures.biz

Postby carrie » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:46 pm

I was just introduced to this by my husband when he said to check out this one: . When I went there I couldn't believe it...someone else was talking all about MY websites! Of course, she had links to the colors available through Amazon on it...but she really plugged my free e-course and resource network without solicitation. She did a really good job, too.

Of course, I came to Lynn's blog first to find out what she had to say and she linked to this thread at SSWT. I'm going to check this squidoo thing out for myself. It looks like a lot of fun. ;)
carrie
Elite Member

Postby Adrianne » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:44 pm

Anything that can help use get more traffic, especially quality traffic to our business is always a plus. What I like about squidoo is that it allows use to showcase all of our programs with one link. I'm still working on my page and haven't published it yet, but when it's ready I'll come back and post the link.
Adrianne

Postby carrie » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:31 am

I went ahead and created my own lens over the weekend...I figured why not plug my own stuff? It's SO nice to make something that looks professional without much work. I'm so used to creating sites from scratch (not using templates, but writing all the HTML myself)...the squidoo template is a breeze. ;)

You can see my lens here:
carrie
Elite Member

Postby Layla » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:03 am

Squidoo was great for traffic. Lenses were slurped up by google in Squidoo's early days ... It soon became spam infested and it didn't take the engines long to figure it out. Then came what's been termed the 'squidoo slap' where squidoo was penalized by engines and lens began ranking really low.

You can read an interview done by SearchingDot.com with Seth Godin (the owner of Squidoo): http://www.searchingdot.com/2007/07/17/ ... idoo-slap/

Squidoo isn't a lost cause however. If people continue to add quality content, there's no reason why it won't be restored into Google's good books.
Layla

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity