[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone use Squidoo? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone use Squidoo?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Postby Maa » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:34 pm

What's the difference between squidoo and a blog?
Maa

Postby Adrianne » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:53 pm

One of the differences I see with squidoo is that it's easier to update. With a blog, it reminds me of a journal where you make entries whenever you have new info and it will create a new log with the olders ones below the newer ones.

Anytime I want to make changes to my lens, I can open it, and replace or add a new sentence to my current lens. It doesn't append above the older info.

Another difference I see with squidoo is you don't have to fill in the left and right columns of the page. Squidoo will automatically do this for you by adding info that complements your lens. When you publish your page, it looks like a professional web page. With many of the links added by squidoo you have the option to earn a little extra money if people click any of them and make a purchase. Take a look at the lens I created.

My Lens
My Lens
Adrianne

Postby mom99 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:38 am

I love squidoo also. I set up two lenses in July and have made sales on one of them. It is very easy to use. You have to keep your lens fresh by updating on a regular basis.

Yes, there was a google "slap" which affected google rank, but it didn't last long and I found that my "good" lens got back on track with google quickly after the "slap".

For those new to Squidoo, there is a ton of information on the site on how to "Squidoo". I find myself reading other lensmasters' information quite a bit for excellent tips.

Take a look at my lens if you like: http://www.squidoo.com/babyproductsthee ... henewborn/
mom99

Previous

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity