[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Useing myspace to promote • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Useing myspace to promote

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Useing myspace to promote

Postby seandell » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 am

seandell

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:10 am

Hello & Welcome to SSWT :D

I have an account on MySpace and love it for Social Networking - and for what it was originally intended for (fun!). I do meet A LOT of business contacts and its a great way to network and share information. But I DONT like when people constantly spam my comment section or bulletin space.

I delete them, ban them, and report them 8)

But for those interested in making the most of MySpace, here are some of my recent write-ups on the topic:

:arrow:

:arrow:

Anyone else have thoughts/tips on MySpace Marketing?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby seandell » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:55 pm

I know what you mean about the spammers, we use the friend request feature to build our friends list, which is part of the myspace deal. If they agree then we send out emails once a week telling what is going on at our bar. The biggest problem with myspace is people responding to phishing techniques then sending out more phishing to all their friends, not knowingly. The biggest one out there is the "who's watching you" is hat when clicked they send you to a phishing myspace log in page, thus building the spamers network.

I hate these people too.
So there has to be a line when useing these types of automaters.
seandell

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Personally, I prefer to get bulletins when it comes to getting updates or news from those on my friends list. People who send messages directly to my MySpace inbox... usually get the message deleted on my end - or worse, reported as spam.

Messaging is for communication, like email. Being your friend does not mean I give you permission to fill my inbox with news, updates or offers. Thats what the bulletin area is for ;)

Just my thoughts on the topic, and my personal preferences. Great discussion!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby john925 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:08 pm

john925

Postby karadawn » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:24 am

I use MySpace for personal only. Mostly because I have some strange friends I'd prefer not to be associated with anything business related. :lol: Because of a crazy ex, I had to put my profile on private so now it really can't be used for anything business related. I actually do prefer it this way, because it's my "play" time to reconnect with people I've lost track of over the years. Although I suppose it would depend on your market if using MySpace for promotion would be right for you. For me it's just not a good fit.
karadawn

Postby jaggiegill » Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 am

jaggiegill

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Actually I read somewhere that MySpace users in the 20-40 year old range were on the rise - and in a big way. I cant remember the exact statistic, or where I read that - It was a recent issue of either Business 2.0, Revenue or Entrepreneur. I'll see if I can find that and post the actual stats.

I am about to turn 34 myself, and have found a lot of people my age - both locally and those I went to school with - on MySpace in the last year or so.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

MySpace Age Group

Postby jaggiegill » Wed May 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Last edited by jaggiegill on Thu May 10, 2007 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaggiegill

Re: MySpace Age Group

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu May 10, 2007 10:34 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Can Anyone Make Out What's This MySpace Marketing?

Postby Brian Lam » Sat May 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Hello,

I just gotten to read about this ebook that is on how to market using MySpace. This ebook highlighted something that is quite different in terms of marketing using MySpace.

So does anyone have the slightest clue on MySpace marketing in the fast way?

Is it as what this book that I read says?

Here's the download link for the MySpace ebook:

http://www.powerlistgenerator.com/myspa ... losion.zip

Regards,

Brian
Brian Lam

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat May 12, 2007 7:18 pm

I'll have to check that out. It sounds like 'spam methods' , but I may be wrong - I'll give it a read ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JFrick » Thu May 17, 2007 3:22 pm

JFrick

Postby merjoem32 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:17 am

merjoem32

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity