[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - 10 ways to promote your website • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

10 ways to promote your website

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Postby sarpras » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:26 pm

1. Post newsgroups
2. Press releases
3. Email to VIPs
4. Article submission
5. Reciprocal Links
6. Forum Posting
7. Directory submission
8. Tell everyone with whom you communicate
9. Post ads to free advertising website
10. Blogging
sarpras

Postby annalaurabrown » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:23 am

yes this is a great list however, I have found that posting to free classifieds usually gets you nothing but solicitations from other companies and individuals. Also could you further explain what you mean by emailing VIPS?
Do you know these people or how otherwise do you do this without being accused of spam?
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Cratima » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:03 am

A very good method of promoting your web site is updating it regularly.

Rather than post something on a blog, you should better keep an eye for updating the web site.

Sure, if you can do both of them, than that's the best solution. :wink:
Cratima

Postby oddsod » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:09 pm

>>5. Reciprocal Links

Yes, they may get you a bit of traffic from your link partner but would you still do it if Google started penalising link exchanges?
oddsod

Postby nuttymarketer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:37 pm

Thats a Good list of promoting the website. But in the background it is hard and harsh work involves. For all the people who are toiling in lamp, it is daily routine.

Although all the ideas was good. But For me, free advertising has not worked well. Almost nothing I got. From bloggin I have gained a lot in term of technical issues for my websites.

But the real gem have been the Article and content distribution. It has been always a face saver, even when my website was in sandbox. So I would recommend free content and article distribution for great reach. As you see according to one study a big number of people still reach somehwhere after reference in term of links from someone they trust.

Spread the words. Not one, two or six. Get it in record number. You will never feel better after one month time.
nuttymarketer

Postby mystery777 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:15 am

I'd say:

1- Directory submissions

2- Reciprocal linking

3- List building

4- Writing articles

5- Writing press releases

6- Pay-Per clicks

7- Traffic exchanges

8- Safelists

9- Traffic bars (like instantbuzz)

10- Participating in forums

11- Participating in chat rooms

12- Viral marketing
mystery777

Postby mystery777 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:20 am

I almost forgot:

13- Blogging (This one is gold)
mystery777

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby massimo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:43 pm

Hey there! :wink:

My personal opinions (and experiences) are:

1- Directory submissions ---> GOOD!

I have a free directory on which you can submit your website
---> http://www.the-best-traffic.com

2- Reciprocal linking ---> GOOD! ( Do not waste too many hours on doing it)

3- List building ---> SUPER GOOD!

4- Writing articles ---> GOOD!

5- Writing press releases ---> ok (articles are better)

6- Pay-Per clicks ---> I don't use them. Optimize your webpages and you will get free targeted traffic from engines (the best).

7- Traffic exchanges ---> A waste of time & generic visitors

8- Safelists ---> A waste of time & money

9- Traffic bars (like instantbuzz) ---> GOOD
Note - if you have not an huge downline, then you will waste lot of time...

10- Participating in forums ---> GOOD!

11- Participating in chat rooms ---> medium (request LOT of time)

12- Viral marketing ---> GOOD!

For example, I'm giving away special free ebooks. Why?

I use them to get visitors back to my website & products - http://www.eoltt.com/business-ebook-free-online

13 - Blogs ---> Good. I use them to promote my websites.

Have a super day! :wink:
massimo

Postby mystery777 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:13 pm

mystery777

Postby massimo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:16 am

Mystery777,

You are talking about "opportunity.com". :) This program is not about safelist marketing. I saw it since 2002...

We can put it into --> list building

I used services that allow you to blast your ads to safelists:
businessworldlist
ipostad

I made different ads, tests, tracking. I used them for a long time. They are a waste of time with little results in return. :(

Have a super day!
massimo

Postby mystery777 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:30 am

Massimo,

Opportunity doesn't go into list building because you don't get the names neither the e-mail addresses of your downline. It works exactly like safelists except your downline that grows to thousands and millions get to read only your e-mails and no one else's. :wink:

Have a great day!
mystery777

Postby sarpras » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:21 pm

You post comments to popular blogs, it brings very good traffic to you site.
sarpras

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity