[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forum Posting- Best way for traffic. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forum Posting- Best way for traffic.

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Posting problems

Postby Warren Contreras » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 am

I think Forum posting is great as well, but only if you don't expect to drive-by and post a link along with a one line response and have your site stats hit the celing.

I think you can spread yourself too thin and try to post in so many Forums you don't get any response at all. You can't be a stranger if you expect to get people to trust you and visit your site in theproper frame-fo-mind.

Finally I think you need to build your reputation by posting valuable information and not just 'me too' responses.
Warren Contreras

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi,

Another important issue is not to spend too much time in a forum......yes learning and getting one way links is important but more time in a forum is less time on your business...

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby rammi » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:38 am

Hi dear
I agree that forums help in increasing the traffic.
Moreover ,it is the best way to share your views and get others opinion.
It is a fast method of marketing.
I have been spending 2-3 hours daily for it.
rammi

Postby jhigg » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Some forums give you more traffic than others... I am a member of a bird site (i have an interest in parrots) and post daily, more than anywhere, yet i have little traffic to my parrot blog. :(
jhigg

Postby wthomas46 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:58 am

This is definitely one of the best forums that I've run across. What I like about the traffic I get from forums is although it's not a lot in the whole scheme of things, the traffic is very targeted and I get better results from this than other places where I do indeed get much more traffic.
wthomas46

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:48 am

Great point. I think it is the conversational style at forums that helps you to gain exposure and build relationships very easily - which results in a more targeted type of visitor that has a specific interest in your site/offer.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Adrianne » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:26 pm

Adrianne

Postby *Delecia* » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:07 am

Warren -

I agree. Participating in forums, and posting good informational posts in the key thing. Not just replying to 100 posts saying yeah me too, or ditto etc. lol. Not to say I dont do some of those myself....
*Delecia*

Posting to Forums

Postby wthomas46 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:54 am

I would agree that spending time in forums is time spent on your business. I think it helps to focus on what you're trying to get from a forum? For instance, is your main purpose for coming to forums to share information or knowledge with others? Is to socialize with like minded individuals? Trying to establish yourself as an 'authority' in some field? Or maybe you come to forums to advertise yourself and your business? The point is, there are many ways to use forums to your benefit so yes I believe that spending time in forums is spending time on your business.
wthomas46

Postby tonywinrow » Tue May 01, 2007 8:21 am

This is an excellent forum and does generate website traffic,
but what other methods does everyone rank highly??
tonywinrow

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue May 01, 2007 9:43 am

I have a list of traffic-generating ideas here, which includes forum marketing among others:

:arrow: http://www.clicknewz.com/633/traffic-ti ... new-sites/

Is that what you were looking for?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ultramommy3 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:19 am

Not only have I found posting in forums helpfull, but I've also made some awesome friends and learned so much from others along the way. I, too, spend about 4 hours a day posting on forums.
tracy
ultramommy3

Postby JFrick » Mon May 21, 2007 10:56 pm

I conducted an ad experiment using (aff). I signed up to 4 new forums, and posted one time in each forum for 2 days. From those 8 posts, I had received twelve clicks on my signature link almost immediately. Using ad tracking, I could see how many clicks I received for each forum.

Forums are definitely awesome for traffic. Plus people get to see that there's a real person behind the "service" or whatever you offer.

P.S. I also noticed that people pay more attention to your signature when you have something valuable to say.
JFrick

Postby marketraisecorp » Thu May 24, 2007 1:47 am

marketraisecorp

PreviousNext

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity