[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forum Posting- Best way for traffic. • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forum Posting- Best way for traffic.

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Forum Posting- Best way for traffic.

Postby sarpras » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:24 pm

Participating online discussion forums drive lots of traffic to my website.

I am spending daily 2 hour for forum posting.

Can you describe your experience in forum posting?
sarpras

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:46 am

I agree. Harvey Segal actually has a great book on the topic, which you can download free:

:arrow: (Free)

The key is to actually get involved in the discussions and become an active member at Discussion Forums that reach your target market. Without spamming or posting blatant advertisements, you can gain a lot of exposure just be participating and running a good Signature.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wbroek » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:01 pm

I've never worked for traffic via a forum. The site I include in my signature is their just to help search engines pick up on it and spider it. Not for pagerank or anything.

2 hours of posting in a day is a lot of work. In that same time I can write one or more pages for a site.

My real reason that I visit forums and post there is that working from home I lack the social chit-chat ... and I like helping people or be helped.
wbroek

great...

Postby calvinchin » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:14 am

Hi sarpras,

I agree with you... :wink:

I have been spending at least 4 hours a day in the forums. I can meet
many new friends, learn new things, discover ideas, and share my
experience.

And Lynn, thank you for the link, I have sent the info to download it. :D
calvinchin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 am

I am a forum junkie myself!!
MommyEnterprises

Forum does help in traffic

Postby Johnny » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:39 am

I have to agree that forum does help in generating traffic.
Sometimes, when I study my referrer links, I notice that some referrer come from topics that I have posted quite sometimes back. Some are forgotten forum as well.

However, nowsaday, trying hard to find time to visit forum.
Have been busying this month.
Johnny

Postby annalaurabrown » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:21 am

I also agree that it can be helpful if done properly. However, you want to make sure that the forums you are posting to, have an active audience of visititors and posters and that the people you are posting to have an interest in what you are offering.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Forum Posting

Postby clint48 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:21 pm

I think I get more traffic from forums than anything else. I have the book Lynn recommended and I plan on trying some of the things Harvey recommends in that book when I get time.

Clint Pollard
clint48

Postby dynn » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:06 am

i also spent my time in forum more than 4 hours...to get ideas and read other people opinion.
dynn

Postby quantikev » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:46 am

Along with the others, I have also found forum posts a successful source of targeted traffic.

In one specific case, I am a long term member of a car club at sccoa.com & tccoa.com. I post answers to many help requests here, and include a link to my website, thunderbirdinfo.blogspot.com in my signature. This provides targeted traffic, good backlinks for search engines, and I found the interaction to be an amazing learning tool.

In addition to forums, there are now new services like Yahoo Answers where you can answer questions from other users & include your website. Usually these are not indexed by search engines however, so backlinks are irrelevant here.

Hope that helps..
Kevin
quantikev

Postby LazySEO » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:12 pm

Kevin has an excellent point there. You can get great targetted traffic by posting in non-SEO forums.

I know I tend to fall into the trap of only posting on IM or SEO related forums, but I'm trying to force myself to go over to the niche forums more often. For instance, I run a gardening site, which is tailor-made for forum posting (gardening tips, answers to people's problems, plant pics, etc.)

Dig into your niche and find out where your customers hang out and you'll discover some new untapped markets.
LazySEO

Postby sarpras » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:51 pm

sarpras

Postby skyjoe76 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:23 pm

skyjoe76

Postby SkinCareGirl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:50 am

I agree with everyone here.
Being an active member of forums does help!
I've been #2 on Yahoo for some time with no money spent.
I know time is money but spending a few hours a week or day does create traffic.

Blessings,
Leslie :)
SkinCareGirl

Postby Michael b » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:32 am

One question I have is from what I understand and have learned so far with online marketing is that while it may drive traffic to your website posting to a forum just from people viewing your page after clicking your link it won't affect your backlinks unless the forum is highly ranked in the top 10 & relevant to what your web page is about. Right? I am pretty new.

My second question is then It would be wise to post in forums with high ranking & relevant topics? Although regaurdless I still like visiting the forums and getting to know new people :)

Thanks
Michael b

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity