[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Researching niche ideas • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Researching niche ideas

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Researching niche ideas

Postby WAHumor » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:13 pm

I took the plunge and sank $200 into XSitePro to set up some niche sites.

WAHumor.com needs further development in many ways before it's a profitable concept on its own, and my PPC budget is shot for the time being, soooooo...

How does one research niche ideas? If affiliate programs are scarce or virtually nonexistent in the niche, would Amazon be a worthwhile option?

Oh heck...just answer all my questions before I think of them, OK??
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby DennisLively » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:02 am

Hey There Dan!

I've enjoyed your posts here since becoming a member...thanks!

Niches are always where I end up making most of my money, so, you're on the right track here.

My favorite tools to do niche research are:

WordTracker www.wordtracker.com You don't have to get a membership to start using it...or ever really!...the free trial gives you results from MSN which has about 22% of the search business. That's enough to get you started.

What you're looking for is a KEI of 100+. If you find one like that then you've got a start. The KEI is a ratio of searches versus sites that can fulfill that search...the higher the KEI the better for you.

DigitalPoint http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/ This gives you the sheer number of searches for a particular keyword or phrase. I end up using this one more than any.

The main thing with niches is to find a niche that has people who are already buying things! Like John Reese said, Sell what people are buying!

That's why I use the DigitalPoint tool...I don't worry much about the competition, so I don't need the KEI.

Find a great keyword/phrase...2-4 word phrases are best...one that gets 25,000+ searches a month and then find out what the competition is doing in that niche...look at the #1 through #10 sites on Google...see what they offer. Look for forums on the topic...read and digest what's there

Then...either find affiliate products...or, my favorite, make your own product to sell and jump in!

Another way to get some income from a niche is to use AdSense sites based around your great niches...but that's another whole subject!

Hope that helps in some way or other.

Dennis Lively
DennisLively

Postby Hock Ng » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:06 pm

Hey Dan,

Another way to research is by searching for forums in the particular market. Listen to what people are talking about and use those ideas to further research the market.

Hock
Hock Ng

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:18 am

You may find this helpful too, Dan:

:arrow:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Market Research