[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Creating an online niche store • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Creating an online niche store

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Creating an online niche store

Postby quantikev » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:11 pm

This model was introduced to me by Lynn in and looks like a good option for income while I improve my writing efficiency.

I am looking for more basic information regarding this topic, especially how to tell when a niche is suitable for an online store.

Thanks for reading;
Kevin
quantikev

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:48 pm

Hi Kevin,

Great question! I think the easiest way to tell is when you find searches for products in your keyword research - especially specific product searches.

For example:

dart supplies 120
online dart supplies 28
discounted dart supplies 9

(the number out to the right is the approximate number of searches per day across the major search engines - taken from ).

I realize those arent huge numbers, but I had a personal interest in darts and dart supplies, because I play for a local league - and buy all of my supplies online ;)

Anyway - when you see that, you know that the people searching those terms are looking for supplies... not information. So it would make sense to build a product-based site vs a content-based site.

You might go back to this archive for more ideas:

:arrow:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby quantikev » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:14 pm

quantikev

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:36 pm

Good questions!

The site is relatively new (just a few months old) so it hasnt quite gotten 'established' in the search engines yet. In fact, it just very recently got indexed in Google. For some reason that took longer than usual!

So far this month (7 days), I have had 43 visitors that came from links on other dart sites and 318 visitors from various search engines.

Since my site isnt really established in the search engines yet, most of the keyword phrases used were longer and more specific phrases. It will take a little time to rank well for just "dart supplies" or any of my other primary keyword phrases.

In addition to those traffic sources, I do have an Adwords campaign running for this site - - and there is a lot of 'word of mouth' marketing for this site because I play in the MTDA (Middle Tennessee Dart Association).

Obviously I do need more inbound links, which I am working on, and I am planning to add a discussion forum and possibly a blog to the site to give it a boost.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Market Research