This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Locating niches and creating content for them

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Jeff Casmer » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:04 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your kind words....speaking medically since this disease hits home its easy to write about...

Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Postby expatana » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:22 pm

Lynn Terry wrote:You can also locate the experts in any given field and offer them the feature spot in that category or on that page of your site (the one that is most relevant to what they do/offer). They can write up a unique article for your site, and in exchange you post their photo and link along with a brief bio.

This is an excellent tack but should be done in addition to your own content. It should not be depended upon for primary content each and every week, or however long you publish. It is used to add to your credibility (and does so brilliantly when used right), but you must build your own credibility by giving your readers something of your own. Otherwise, readers will go immediately to the expert's site when they're finished reading, and stay there (and buy from them, not you).
expatana

Re: Another Technique For Tapping Into Markets

Postby expatana » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:19 pm

jbsmith wrote:In some cases, if I still don't see evidence of strong demand for aff products
and when surveying my list, no clear buying pattern appears, I'll simply
turn it into an Adsense site or portal.

Jeff, I was under the impression that AdSense sites are a thing of the past, and that Google is *very* leary of them. Otherwise, everyone would be doing this.

Are you making any money with these "AdSense" sites?

Ana
expatana

Re: Another Technique For Tapping Into Markets

Postby SteveJohnson » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:26 pm

expatana wrote:Jeff, I was under the impression that AdSense sites are a thing of the past, and that Google is *very* leary of them. Otherwise, everyone would be doing this.

Ana, Google has 'slapped' MFA and portal sites. It IS a thing of the past, I think. But you have to keep in mind also that you replied to a post that is very nearly 2 years old -- so the post itself is way in the past.
SteveJohnson

Postby deannatroupe » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:40 pm

So let me get this straight. You're saying that I could set up an online store on my own website. I then link to the products on the merchant's site from my site using my affiliate code?
deannatroupe

Previous

Return to Market Research